Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Workouts Link Up

button
 
 
My new weight emphasis is awesome... I am currently sick and haven't worked out since Saturday, but I am itching to get back, went to the DR yesterday and got drugs, will be trying to start again tomorrow...
 
I wanted to share how I keep my calorie burn up during weight training. My trainer "EFITMAMA" on IG gave me 4 weight training workouts a week:
1. upper body
2. lower body
3. chest and back
4. full body
she also asked me to get in 8 min of jump rope of these days and each day has ab workouts too, has anyone ever jumped rope??? GREAT cardio!!!
I am supposed to do each exercise 4 times through, so to keep my heart rate elevated I do 2 min jump rope, go through the entire weight circuit one time and abs one time and then repeat 4 times. My heart rate doesn't slow down because I don't stop til I finish with the last ab workout, then I wait a minute and do it all over again. I burn about 500 cals each weight training day AND the great thing about weights is you have a much better after burn.
 
I run my two other workout days a week and I burn 500-700 cals doing that, but not as much after burn. You can kill calories burning weights ladies, its just all in HOW you do it! :)
 
 
Yesterday the doc said I have sinusitis, pharyngitis (msp?), and a fever... I slept all but maybe 5 hours yesterday... I am feeling better but not 100% so I am back at work but wont work out again til tomorrow. I love z packs, that baby started working last night! ... and mucinex D! :)
 

3 comments:

  1. Do you use a heart rate monitor that tells you how many calories? I have thought about getting one but haven't done it yet!
    Hope you feel better after all the meds! I hate getting in the groove of working out and then having something like that get back in the way.

    Found you from the linkup, would love if you had time to stop by!

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am going to have to give that a try!

    Stopping by from workout Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to tell me your work out routine!
    What kind of moves do you do?? And for how long?
    I would love to hear about it!
    Feel better love!!!

    ReplyDelete