Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Overcoming Challenges/Interruptions

Yesterday I had every intention of going to the gym and getting in a good lower body workout at lunch, I was on my way out the door when a co-worker stopped me... we had a new engineer start yesterday and she was in charge or organizing a group to take him out to a welcome lunch, and his whole team was busy other than one other guy, she felt bad so she asked me to go as well... and since I would have felt pretty crummy if no one went to my welcome lunch, I brought my gym bag back to my office and went with them to lunch. We went to a Mexican restaurant, great, so now I am not only NOT burning calories at lunch I am going to struggle to not eat my weight in chips and eat 1000 plus calories at lunch.

I had about a dozen or so chips, they were GOOD!!! BUT I ordered a salad, a grilled chicken fajita salad, and had everything taken off but the chicken cheese and lettuce.. I had a little dressing on the side, but that's it. There was more cheese than chicken but it was removable and I was able to eat around most of it, it was iceberg lettuce and I know there is no nutritional value there, but at least it beats an enchilada/anything else there...

After work I went to my second hot yoga class, and I lasted 1:20 this time, only left 10 mins early, should make the whole hour and a half class next time! 113F is HOT yall!!!

On the way home the hubs said he wanted to run for his workout and asked me if I wanted him to wait for me so he did and we ran about 2 miles last night. I got it in... and then we had grilled chicken salad on spinach and spring mix for dinner... I had too much salad yesterday, if there is such a thing!

BUT I made the best of interrupted plans! That I can be proud of.


3 comments:

  1. That is awesome!
    I always find it hard at restaurants to order healthy options, but you rock girl! Way to go!

    I love running 2 miles, it is wonderful and carefree!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work staying on track!! And good for you for going to the welcome lunch to help the new guy out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job :) it's always a plus when you avoid temptation... Be proud!

    ReplyDelete