Thursday, May 9, 2013

The urge to run...

 


I read Mama Laughlin's blog daily.... LOVE her and all she is about... being real and putting it all out there, I remember reading about her driving home from work and her legs bouncing because she so urgently wanted to run... I thought she was CRAZY....



I have grown to enjoy running over the past year, but the thought of my legs bouncing around in the car on the drive home never even seemed like a possibility... until yesterday... I was jamming out in the car in traffic on my way home because I ended up having to work an hour later than usual... and all of a sudden my legs were bouncing... I wanted to run more than I have EVER in my life...



I have been sick for about two weeks, last week I ignored it and kept working out, but this past weekend it hit me hard, and I started resting after the Saturday morning 1800 calorie burn workout marathon... and I haven't worked out once since.... I am DYING to run, to the point where my legs are bouncing in my car.... I got a z pack at the doctor Tuesday and stayed home from work all day that day and literally slept all but maybe 5 hours? So I didn't workout yesterday either, but I want to.... badly... I love running...



Today I am going to go back to the gym, I am still not feeling 100% but I cant stay away any longer... I miss it... I miss sweating!!!

 

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post!!!
    I hadn't ran since the 3rd and then ran yesterday...it felt amazing!
    I know the feeling you are talking about with your legs bouncing! I was bouncing all the way home from the dentist yesterday, eager to get my run on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS~Hope you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been bitten by the running bug! That's awesome. I went on my first run since the half marathon last weekend, but it was surprisingly hard for me to finish 4 miles. Not sure what was up with that, but doesn't mean I'm going to quit!!

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete