Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Workout Wednesday Link Up!

button
 
 
I weighed in this morning and was up- I am thinking its because of lactic acid build up or maybe water weight from eating out Monday night with my bro- got chicken fajitas, but there was salt... 2lbs dont just appear when eating pretty much on point other than one meal and working out.. so we will see what tomorrow/ Friday's scale has for me, LOTS of water today!
 
I forgot to do my workouts and weigh in's last week, so here is a summary of whats been going on:
 
Last week:
 
Wed- Friday I was still resting and recovering while babying my knee after the MS150 the previous weekend
 
 
Saturday- ran 2.5 miles- it was humid and hard to run after a week off of cardio- I did get to wear my ORB swag from the contest giveaway!!!! Thats a little before and after run pic action for ya...
 
 
Sunday- circuit training with my brother- tabatas drills on the kickboxing bag with my brother and upper body weights and P90X ab workout - if my brother lived in Houston I would be a beast, he always knows how to push me in workouts! if you have never done tabatas drills they are killer workouts, you have 20 seconds on (you push 100%) and 10 seconds of rest and you repeat 8 times, I did two sets, one with a jab cross and the next with hooks- you should feel like you want to die half way through!
 
Monday- got a 4 week workout plan from EFITMAMA - if you dont follow her on IG, you need to, she does specials all the time for workout plans- since I was super sore on my upper body I did lower body workout- she gave me 4 different weight workouts a week and then lets you chose your cardio of choice if you have one- for me its running- one rest day a week too.
 
Tuesday- I rested, I am not feeling well, and had to work through lunch, so nothing got done.
 
I have chest/back day today AND I am trying out hot yoga tonight, I got a groupon for 10 drop in sessions, they are an hour and a half each- I am hoping I dont die!
 
Tomorrow is running day
 
Friday is full body weights
 
Saturday is running- I have a 5k planned with a friend, and then a two hour zumba-thon! Killer cardio day!
 
Sunday will be another weights day- back to upper body again!
 

I am excited about my workout plan. It mixes light and heavy weights and she wants me to jump rope on weight days... for 8 minutes... when I did it Monday I broke it up into circuits since I need 4 sets of each exercise I did 2 minutes of jump rope and then the whole set of exercises without stopping, and repeated that four times. I noticed that a. jumping rope for 2 minutes straight is HARD b. it is possible to keep your heart rate up while pumping iron!
 
I am VERY excited to see my results at the end of the month!
 
 
There will be ALOT of protein shakes going on for breakfast!!!

 
 
I am also thinking of doing a squat/plank challenge or something similar for May... anyone?
 

 

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to try out Hot Yoga!! I'm excited to see what you think! Love your dedication for working out too!! I am starting a 6Week Summer Abs Challenge over on the blog today if you wanna look at it! Plus I am on day 12 of that Squat Challenge and I added Plie' Squats too! I found you on SkinnyMegs Link Up!
    ~Mel
    sweetsouthernmel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tabata! You are the only person I've found in blogland who does it also. :) I wrote about it a couple months ago and people were like "Girl, you crazy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica--I do Tabata too!

    I'm doing a plank challenge in May! I just posted the calendar for it on my blog yesterday. http://www.simplyhealthymama.blogspot.com

    I can't wait to try hot yoga. The only place in town that does it offers it twice a week but they do not let newbies take it for their first session. So I'll have to go do a first time session and then go back for hot yoga. Maybe I'll make that a goal to meet by the end of May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are killin' it! Good for you, tabata workouts are awesome! I'm prettyyyyyy sure you should totes do the squat challenge :)

    ReplyDelete