Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Update

Thursday I was in my first at fault accident leaving the parking garage at work... and I hit a bus, the bus is fine, small dent in the bumper, but I am traumatized as is my poor car, I hope she is okay, holiday weekend means I don't find out til this week. I haven't driven since. I need to go get a rental today though because the hubs dropped me off at work on his way to the field.
 
 

 
Friday I went to the doctor and had my knee checked, everyone was ok but I did hit my knee hard on the dash, I bruised my kneecap, and had xrays taken just to make sure nothing was fractured. I have to rest it a week and ice and ibuprofen in massive amounts for the swelling.
 
 
This weekend we had plans to go to the property Saturday and meet with a stock tank guy to get a quote on some work, we can roll it into the property mortgage so we needed this, and we close June 14th... I think this is the first time I am saying we found property on here... but we did, the last trip we went on we fell in love with a place in the hill country! We took a few pictures ... after the wreck it wasn't the best weekend to go away, but we went anyway.
 
 




 
 
 
The San Saba River is not far from our place so we visited it... it was actually up for the first time in forever because of the rain lately... the drought had really dried things up.
 
 
 
After spending the day Saturday on the property we went to one of our favorite wineries and sat on the deck and had a couple glasses of wine and enjoyed the views... they had a band playing and it was really nice and relaxing
 


 
 
Driving back to the hotel we found a high fenced place with some kind of exotic antelope...
 

 
buffalo...

 
and zebras, the one all the way to the right is a baby and it was adorable!!!!
 

 
We went to Coopers BBQ in Llano... twice... once on the way home and once on the way out... the hubs got a Ribeye steak one time and roast the other

 
 
 I got pork loin and turkey breast the second time... amazing food!!!!
 


 
 Us waiting in line for BBQ on Sunday...
 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are ok! I feel your pain with the car thing, my car is my baby and I hate not having my car :( Hope it gets fixed quickly! The property is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that accident would have shaken me up too. I'm glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are doing better after your accident!
    Glad to hear you are okay!
    At least you had an amazing weekend with your hubs!!
    Sending good thoughts your way!!

    ReplyDelete