Monday, March 3, 2014

March - My Birthday Month

I turn 30 in 19 days... I cant believe its already March... sorry for the lack of posting lately, I was out of town for work last week and had long work days (17 hours Monday). I did my best to get in workouts, but only made 2 days last week. It was crazy busy with work.... it is what it is.

I came up with a list March 22, 2013 - my 29th birthday, and I wanted to do a check in, since we are getting close:

30 Before 30




1.       Run a half marathon Completed the Jazz Half Marathon in New Orleans October 12, 2013!

2.       Visit Ireland or some other country I have never been to before passport is in with new last name. This one I wont hit in time for 30, but I am going to Namibia in September - so I will hit it before the END of 30.

3.       Go to Vegas - MLFC trip this summer is in Vegas, so again before the end of 30!

4.       Take dance lessons - Doubt this one will happen, but I do have 19 whole days!

5.       Conquor a fear maybe skydiving- I am scared of heights- not sure I could do it, but we will see

6.       Buy property to retire on and vacation/spend weekends on we closed on our place 6/14/13!

7.       Get to and maintain goal weight/size This one wont happen, its too close and I have too far to go, but new goal is to get there before this summer - 12 weeks!

8.       Run a 10k in an hour or less - shaved 3 min off my first 10k with my second, at 1:09:43 is my PR for now

9.       Buy myself something I wouldn’t normally buy (splurge) just because got Luchesee (msp?)boots

10.   Take  a cooking class and learn how to cook a nice meal or two

11.   Write my future older self letters to be opened on those birthdays (40, 50, etc…)

12.   Come up with a skin care regime and stick with it- more than just washing off my make up I am using moisturizer and still working on the best options for my skin

13.   Go on a road trip without any specific plan/destination in mind

14.   Take one of those pole fitness classes

15.   Participate in a 30 day workout challenge and don’t skip a day of the challenge! stopandgivemethirty challenge

16.   Eat completely clean for a month

17.   Complete a triathlon- I tried one last Sept, but the bike portion was cancelled! I DID IT! In under an hour and a half! July 27, 2013!

18.   Send snail mail to friends once a month intermittent with this one, but happy I tried

19.   Ride a train

20.   Attend a music festival Jazz Fest and Voodoo Fest in college will count

21.   Climb a mountain

22.   Plan my top 5 dream vacations I want to take in my lifetime

23.   Participate in an adrenaline sport

24.   Visit a new state that I haven't been to yet

25.   Have a close encounter with a wild animal – they have a Tiger exhibit in Vegas!!!

26.   Get more involved at church

27.   Read the entire Bible from cover to cover almost finished!

28.   Find and work with a charity I believe in

29.   Try to become more aware of other peoples feelings

30.   Learn how to leave work at work and not bring it home with me and let it affect other areas of my life I may never get this one!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday MONTH! YAY :)
    These were some awesome goals! You can accomplish most of them by the end of your 30th year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete