Monday, April 14, 2014

Whole 30 days 10-14 and a Bachelorette Party!

Today is day 15 - half way there!

Last week was ok - had a few temptations eating out with friends, and then there was that bachelorette weekend... but we will get to that in a minute.

I did the hardest workout I have done yet on the plan and it was TOUGH, but I did it... no carbs and pushing yourself isn't easy, but its possible! I MAY have pushed it too hard because I almost passed out a few times, but I did it... 15 minutes on the bike - 6.6 miles, then 15 minutes of sprints on the treadmill, started at 8.5mph and went down to 7.5mph (20 sec on and 20 off, other than the last three minutes - that was 30/30), I didn't finish my last set of back workouts because I was DOG tired...

 
 
Friday morning I was up at 4am to catch my flight to Nola - got my black coffee

 



and even found scrambled eggs at the airport to stay on plan 100%!
 
 

After spending 3 hours of QT and catching up with my mawmaw at the nursing home I caught up with my sis... she wanted snowcones, so I got one without flavor... it was actually better than nothing at all, I didn't feel as deprived... and then boiled crawfish for lunch - DIVINE and also 100% on plan! We then laid out at the pool for a bit waiting on some of the other girls for our beach bachelorette weekend!
 
 
That night in Gulf Shores we went to Lamberts - my friends had rolls the size of your hand and I ate 100% on plan! green beans, grilled shrimp, and a baked sweet potato plain! my sister had that plate of yummy mashed potatoes and roast with gravy... and she ate my roll that they threw me... thankfully!

 
 
we then arrived at our condo for the weekend and it was adorable:


 


 
 
Saturday was spent at the beach - I cooked plain eggs for breakfast and had some fresh fruit... we skipped lunch because we were in bikinis all day - who wants to eat when you are in a bikini!?!

 
 
that night we hit up Flora Bama - after we had spaghetti squash and meat balls (100% on plan)... we had a BLAST at the bar - I had two vodka sodas and a shot of tequila (not on plan) but that's IT! I call that a WIN! A few pics from the night...

 


 
 
Sunday for breakfast we went to Waffle House - I had 3 eggs scrambled plain and watched them all eat ALL THE CARBS because most of them were hungover... the waitress did help distract me by spilling my SUPER STEAMING hot coffee all over my crotch... yea that happened... but I survived... and got my eggs free, as well as all the girls meals.... then we went shopping at the outlet mall in Foley and I got some cute stuff from Anne Taylor and New York and Company and then we grabbed lunch at Sonic - grilled chicken sandwich - just ate the chicken breast and I ordered a sweet potato tot and split it with my sister (not 100% on plan because the tots are fried, but pretty darn close if you ask me!) then we headed back to Nola... I had dinner with my mom at the Harbor and I ordered the grilled shrimp large poboy and just didn't eat the bread (100% on plan) - she got the fried shrimp poboy - I didn't even eat a single shrimp! My willpower is AMAZINGLY strong - in the past I would have caved a lot more than I did this weekend... I am PROUD of myself!

 

 

Whole 30 on the road with friends is HARD, but not IMPOSSIBLE! Which is good because I am headed to visit family this coming weekend for Easter...
 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! Congrats on making healthy choices. Once you get on a roll it's easy to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I was wondering why your blog was private!! Glad to hear everything is going good. Awesome work with Whole 30, I hope you are achieving all of your goals!!! Happy 30th too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend at Florabama! We go to Orange Beach every summer. Now with a little one, we don't make it over to Florabama as often. ;)

    Great job staying on the plan! I am really considering giving this Whole 30 thing a try!

    ReplyDelete