Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Whole 30- Over the Half Way Hump

For the first time since I started this challenge, yesterday I was actually confident I will FINISH this challenge... yesterday I had my usual 3eggs with onions and some ham in there to bulk it up a bit... and lunch was beef brisket lean only with a side of fruit, I had a snack of half a Quest bar, and dinner was venison chili with frozen fruit for dessert - the only thing I actually took a pic of was the chili... we put chunks of steak in addition to the ground - LOVE IT!

 
 
 
I am the one who starts challenges with good intentions and then flubs it up and throws in the towel... its what I do... but this time its different and I think there are multiple reasons for it working this time:
 
1. Our two year anniversary is April 28th - I was up 10lbs from the wedding and this year had I changed nothing I would have been up another 10lbs from last year - I CANNOT keep gaining 10lbs a year! So I am nipping that in the bud pronto!
 
2. We have started to talk about timing for a baby and I want to get to a healthy weight and learn how to maintain it before we do that - I want a healthy pregnancy for myself and the baby.
 
3. I turned 30 March 22nd and I want my 30s to be healthy and happy.
 
 
I am in the process of reading It Starts With Food its the book that goes with the Whole 30 - I am on chapter 6 and one of the things they talked about in chapter 5 is people who can eat right all day and blow it at/after dinner... its a hormone issue caused by all the crap we eat that's processed and full of sugar and non natural garbage... I have ALWAYS had trouble with dinner and after... I am hoping this plan will rid me of those issues and help me have a better and healthy relationship with food. I even talked about my issues with late night eating about a year ago here when I was frustrated that I had gained weight in our first year of marriage.
 
 
This is the year to turn it all around. I am HOPEFUL! Its going to be a great year!

3 comments:

  1. First off, Happy belated Birthday!!! Please share that chili recipe, I have some deer meat I need to cook pronto! We've started talking about timing of a baby too, it's the best time to get into phenomenal shape! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goals are awesome! I'm sure you will achieve them!! Keep working it girl!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded the book at lunch... "people who can eat right all day and blow it at/after dinner" ....that's me to a tee!
    You are doing awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete