Monday, November 26, 2012

5 miles and 2 pounds this Thanksgiving!!

 
 
Last week was a great week for me.... as of this morning I am down 2 pounds... over Thanksgiving, WHILE traveling!!!!! I didnt log my calories because to eat healthy I ate small portions of the bad stuff and ALOT of random things, BUT I tried to make healthy choices and keep moving and it WORKED!!!
Thanksgiving morning my brother cousin and I all set out for the Turkey Trot 5 miler in New Orleans... my brother- who is crazy athletic wanted a PR of 37 minutes... my cousin wanted to do it in at or below 50 mins and I wanted to finish in under an hour... I was being realistic.
 
The first mile I kept up with my cousin, then he sped up a bit and I slowed down... everyone got the goal they wanted though, so we were all happy... I forgot to stop this bad boy when I crossed the finish, so my time is actually 54 minutes!!! Sub 11 min mile for 5 miles, I will take it!!! :)




 
 
A picture of me and my babies on Thanksgiving!
 
 
 
Just the girls!

 
 
Lunch with the fam... bro and sis
 
 
me and sis

 
 
 
sitting in line at Walmart for sis to get her Ipad at 10pm- I HATE Walmart... the people that were working there were really frustrating because they didnt know where ANYTHING was and they were unorganized... I didnt want to black Friday shop at all because the first time in years, there wasnt anything that I really needed... but my baby sister wanted an Ipad and I didnt want her going to Walmart in Nola alone on black Friday... so being the great sister that I am I went with her... and ended up with two new scentsys and a few DVDs too... can you tell I am tired and dont want to be there? I did run 5 miles that morning.... just sayin...
 
 
 
I want this watch, I am pretty sure this is going to be my Christmas present from the hubs- I am NOT a designer person, BUT I looked at a bunch of watches and I love this one... I wish it wasnt a Michael Kors because then it would be cheapaer, but I love it!!!!!! LOVE it!
 
 
Yesterday I went for a run and wanted to push myself on the first mile... so I did... and got a new PR on time for one mile... then I sprinted/walked the second mile and ended up doing 2.14 miles got some good intervals in!
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment