Thursday, September 19, 2013

22 days

22 days until my first half marathon...... I cant believe its just around the corner, one more long run this weekend then I start tapering my runs back off..

My friend here in Houston had to back out of it, she had bad shin problems and hasn't been able to run more than 5 miles, she is MUCH faster than me, so its not like we would have been running together, but I cant say I am not bummed she cant do it with me. I am excited that one of my blog lady friends, Leigh Ann is doing the same half though and I hope we can meet up before/after, if she doesn't mind waiting around for an hour or so for me to finish after her, because she is super fast and going to OWN this half! I think my cousin might try to do it as well, it will be both their second half's and my first and they are both way faster than me, but its nice to know people are running with you!

I am headed to New Orleans tonight after work so I will get to run this long run in the city I will be running the half in!!! I am headed down because my sister and best girl friend is down right now, she is in nursing school and kicking butt, but the stress of that and having to help take care of my mawmaw is getting to her, she needs a good fun weekend to de-stress!

My mawmaw had to go back to the ER again this week, I found that out AFTER I had planned my trip to go see her and my sister, I know she doesn't have a lot of time left and as much as I hate to admit and think about that, I want to get to spend as much time with her as I can. I love this woman like a mother, she practically raised me until my mom quit her job when I was 5 and we have ALWAYS been super close. I spent a summer at UNO and lived with her when I was in college. She is one of the most amazing women I know and I plan to cherish all the time we have together as best as I can, as much as I can living 6-7 hours away.



me and my mawmaw...



my awesome nurse sister



Family is very important to me and I hope I am wrong and mawmaw has a few more good years in her, after all she is only 87 years young!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your Maw Maw! Hope she starts feeling better soon. I would LOVE to plan a meet up before or after! I was sad we missed each other for the Crescent City Classic! I'm actually going with a few other people who are running and we're all at different paces and I NEVER miss a finish line fest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having an awesome weekend enjoying your time with your Maw Maw!

    I can't wait to hear about your half! You are going to OWN it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete