Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Workout Goals for the Week: Half Training

Last week with taking half the week vacation I didn't do so hot with training.

Today- run 5 miles rest
Tues- run 3 miles
Wed- run 5 miles sports conditioning class
Thurs- weights rest
Frid- run 10 miles rest
Sat- rest
Sun- weights 10 miles

Total miles: 13


This week will be different, I am going to LA to visit my mawmaw and to go to LSU Auburn, but its crunch time... and I need to up my mileage!
Monday- rest
Tuesday- run 5 miles
Wednesday- run 4 miles
Thursday- spin
Friday- run 3 miles
Saturday- run 12 miles
Sunday- rest

Total miles= 24



I do not like my pace on my long runs, but I think I need to take my short runs outside to get my long runs pace up. I may try that this week depending on what the weather is like. I have been doing speed training and some tempo runs as well, so I am thinking it must be the difference in temperature that's getting me on the long runs since they are outside.

I cant wait to earn my 13.1 sticker and I know my pace doesn't matter when it comes to that, I am just always pushing myself for more. Its my first half so I just need to finish to PR, but since I am also training for the marathon in February the end goal is to finish that and the slower I am the longer I will have to run!

 
 
 
In a side note, anyone else feel like they are SUPER hungry all the time while training and running longer runs??? I ate horribly Sunday and when I run long runs I am hungry and usually its for junk - exhibit A the pizza hut I ate Sunday night. Anyone else have this issue? Any helpful tips/tricks??

5 comments:

  1. YES! I am always much hungrier the day after a long run. What I do is try to anticipate it and pack extra snacks for work or plan my meals for that day. That way I don't happen to find myself chowing down on chicken nuggets every few hours, or stopping by the drive-thru to get french fries.

    Have so much fun at the Auburn game! Wish I could be there! I think I'm going to try to make it to the Arkansas game since I'll be home for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The long runs always make me super duper hungry as well. It hasn't been as bad the second time around though. I usually put my cheat meal the day following the long run- helps me not to feel guilty and get my fill of the good stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO Melissa!!!!
    During my first half I was always hungry! Refuel with healthy snacks, that way you won't feel so bad! :)
    It doesn't matter your time or pace because you are going to PR anyways!!!
    You will rock this and I can't wait to hear about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this!!! You inspire me, so get out there and run, run, run!!! I was supposed to be going to the LSU game this weekend too, but looks like I won't be able to make it :( But definitely planning on the LSU vs A&M game... :)

    ReplyDelete