Monday, September 9, 2013

Half Marathon Training Update: 5 Weeks To Go!!!

I only had two runs last week... it was a crazy busy and off week for me, one 4 miler and one 2 miler. Then I wake up this morning and realize I only have 5 weeks til my FIRST HALF MARATHON. This is craziness to me... so I have changed up my training plan for an intense final push so I don't kill myself for this half AND since its on a game day - the Florida game, I would like to be alive enough after to enjoy the game too!

I am worried more than anything that the weather will not be cool or it will be super humid, in South Louisiana, just like in Texas, in October weather is a crap shoot. According to the farmers almanac its been a high of 80 degrees all but one year in the past five, that year the high was 90, so the weather should cooperate, but who knows.


This weeks plan:
Today- run 5 miles
Tues- run 3 miles
Wed- run 5 miles
Thurs- weights
Frid- run 10 miles
Sat- rest
Sun- weights

Total miles: 23



I CAN DO THIS!


I am taking off Thursday and Friday this week to head up to the property early and relax some... it will be a great chance to get in my long run!


This past weekend was a blast, we picked up the trailer and headed to La for the season home opener against UAB. We had a great time and won! Pictures and a more detailed weekend update will have to come tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. I am terrified of the weather for this run. Terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for your training!
    I hope the weather cooperates!
    I can't wait to hear about your 10 miles!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH you are from south Louisiana?? Me too!! What part? I got so excited when I read that you were an LSU fan on Heather's blog! I never meet anyone from Louisiana!! I'm living in Connecticut now, and I miss the south so much. So jealous that you're close enough to go to the games!

    ReplyDelete