Fitness Goals for 2013:
1. Run a half marathon- the furthest I have run to date is the 5 miler I did on Thanksgiving, that was also the last time I was running regularly... I slacked off big time in December, and its time to start all over and get back to it! I CAN DO THIS! October 12, 2013 I ran my first half marathon - to date I have run as many as 15 miles at once because not long after signing up for the half I signed up for a FULL marathon! I have two posts on my half marathon here and here
2. Complete the MS150 without having to walk ANY!!! I did this event in 2010 and had to walk alot at the end and I sagged once because of issues with my knee due to lack of training- going to start training hard and get it all done this year... its the third weekend in April so I only have 3 months, glad I have been doing some spinnning and biking intermittently the end of last year! April 20-21, 2013 I completed the MS150 all biking - and the second day we finished in great time too because we powered through - it was an amazing experience! You can read about this experience here .
3. Hold a plank for 5 minutes. I STRUGGLE to hit 1 minute and I started Merry Planksmas and then wussed out/ came up with excuses... I will hold a plank for 5 minutes by the end of this year! This one has gotten the best of me, longest plank is a minute and a half and I am currently struggling for one minute - still need to work on this one!
Weight Loss Goals for 2013:
4. Drink more water!! I have been good about my water, but want to keep it up. I am better about drinking it when I work out at lunch.
5. Eat mindfully all the time, other than one cheat MEAL a week- when I do cheat days, it gets nasty... and I feel terrible... I learned this past weekend at deer camp that you can eat mindfully, even at the easiest place to eat like crap, you just have to have self control! Not been doing well here, but working on it. One meal at a time.
6. Fit comfortably in a size 10- not just in some 10's, but be a legit 10 all around. I am tall ( 5'10") and its really unhealthy for me to get too small- aka senior year in high school when I starved myself to fit in a size 4/6... but I can eat healthy and work out to achieve this goal. I am not where I want to be, but hopefully will be before I turn 30 in March
7. Tone Up. I really do want more muscle... I know cardio is important, but I want to get strong again too, I feel so weak right now! I haven't done well here - I was doing well for a while and then fell off the wagon around Thanksgiving and haven't been able to pump it back up - no better time than the present!
8. WIN MLFitCamp Biggest Loser competition!!! It starts this Wednesday... and I am READY!!! I didn't win, but I stayed in the competition for a good while!
9. Spend more time keeping up with friends... I am SO bad at this, especially friends that are back home in La or who have moved away... and I miss them!!! I let work take up too much of my time! I did well here and had a lot of fun times this year!
10. Find and buy property to go relax and have fun on! Had to have a couple fun ones at the end! :) We found our dream place this summer and bought it and have been working on it ever since - LOVE it!!
I am batting at 50% for 2013, which is better than it could have been. I set out to do some things and really stuck with them and had great results! I have a good feeling about 2014 and what it will bring for me. BIG things coming next year. Cant wait!
You did really well sticking to your goals! I always get motivated and excited, and about a week or two in, I completely drop the ball and even forget what I was going to do. I think you probably did better than most people this year!
ReplyDeleteYou did really well on these goals! This has motivated me to get my list for 2014 together. I have a lot of the same things on my list....half marathon, water, weights, etc.
ReplyDelete