At the end of 2012 I pledged to run 13 races in 2013 with Jill Conyers and I completed it and surprised myself along the way- most of these races have recap posts tagged for each run. Its been a great year and I look forward to 14 in 2014!
Race 1: February 2: 5K Color
In Motion Run 40 mins. This was my first race of 2013 and I was lucky to get to complete it with two of my best friends, full recap here: color run recap post
Race 2: Feb 7th: Tackle the Miles virtual 5k 35:30 mins.
Race 3: February 23: 5K ConocoPhillips
Rodeo Run
34:06 mins. I was able to run this race with a coworker Christina - she is faster than me, but I stayed with her for the first 2 miles! rodeo run recap
Race 4: March 9th: 10k Bayou City Classic 1:12:30 hrs. My first 10k! I was able to run this race with Christina also - always fun having a running buddy! bayou classic run recap
Race 5: March 23rd: 5K Neon Splash
Dash 5K PR!! 30:52mins Ran this one with my sister and friend Christina and stayed with her the whole race - LOVED the fact that it was a night run!! neon splash dash recap
Race 6: March 30th:
10K Crescent City
Classic new 10k PR- shaved 3 mins off my last 10k
time! 1:09:43hrs. Got to run this one with my cousin in Nola and my sister rode her bike and got a ton of race pics for me! crescent city classic recap
Race 7: April 7: 5K Muddy
Trails Bash first trail run: 39:50 mins (and they messed
up our route so it was 3.5 miles) trail run recap I was able to run this race with two coworkers- Christina and Lauren! It was Lauren's first 5k!
Race 8: May 4: 5K MD
Anderson Sprint for Life 33:42 mins finished 22/47 in my
age group! Ran this one with three coworkers! 5k race recap
Race 9: June 22: 5K Run or Dye Dallas didn't time it, but the hubs said around 37mins, ran walked
it. It was my least favorite run of the year, but I did drink the night before - NEVER a good idea (although the night before was a blast) run or dye recap
Race 10: July 4: Stars and Stripes virtual 5K - 39:53 mins, Ran this one on my own. race recap
Race 11: July 27: Jeff and Brede's Sprint Tri
1:27:08 hrs, 9 min swim, 39 min bike, and 35 min
run! Completed this race with two coworkers Jaime and Suzy. I attempted a tri last September, but they cancelled the bike portion, so this was my first FULL tri! tri recap
Race 12: Run For Kaysen Virtual 5K, 8/30/13, 4 miles, 41:01mins. Ran this one on a treadmill, but made great time running for a little girl with heart problems.
Race 13: October 12: FIRST half marathon Jazz Half FINISHED!!!!! 2:51:59 So very proud of myself! I had thought about other races to finish the year, but why not go out on a high note!?! half recap part #1 and half recap part #2
At the beginning of the year I celebrated running 3 miles... now at the end of the year my longest run is 15 - how a year can change you!
One word: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome year!!!
What an amazing goal!! Congrats on making it. I am completely inspired to get my run on this year!!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome progress, nicely done!
ReplyDelete