Tuesday, December 17, 2013

40 days

In 40 days I will be running my first... and probably last marathon.




Initially I was running for one person but now I am running for two. My daddy died 21 years ago next month and he died of a heart attack while jogging - I thought running a marathon to raise money for the American Heart Association was the best way to honor him, but over the past year and past few months my mawmaw has gotten worse and worse and I am running for her as well now. She has aortic stenosis (msp?) and its gotten to the point where she cant do anything for herself anymore - the woman who raised me and has always taken care of everyone else. I love this woman so much and want to honor her with my run also. Now I run in memory of my dad and honor of my mawmaw. I was worried last week that I wasn't training enough and wouldn't make it... but then my 15 miler happened Saturday and what got me through was thinking of them and how much raising this money means to me.



I want to do this to my shoes... I really do think this will help also!


My training hasn't been great, or enough at this point, but I will keep running and I will cross that finish line because I can, they cant run anymore, but I can run for them and I will. Even though this will be the hardest thing I ever do, I know my daddy will be with me every step of the way and my mawmaw will be waiting at home (Lord willing) to hear all about my finish.


If you feel so inclined to donate, please use the donation link in my toolbar on the right hand side of my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment