We spent Thanksgiving in New Orleans with my family... and as always it was a blast, this year was even more exciting because my cousin Laura announced that she is pregnant!!!! We are very excited for the start of another generation of cousins in our family... every year we take a cousins picture:
Just the guys:
A silly pic, I was supposed to be doing the L in the "B Im From Louisiana" song, but it looks like a gun:
And a girls pic:
I slaved over a hot stove for an hour heating these up - the twice baked potatoes were amazing - and I resisted the mac and cheese because I ate so much potatoes....
we sent a few holiday snap chats:
and then had some serious time to reflect on the year...
me and my love!
my mawmaw, I suspect that will be her last thanksgiving... it makes me sad, but I am glad she was able to celebrate this one with us!
Since I carbo loaded Thursday at lunch, and my cousin had a planned 17 mile training run that evening, I decided I should run since I had a running buddy AND my new 13.1 Brady Bands headband to display (they are having a sale today you should go check them out - I LOVE LOVE their bands!). I was on schedule for a 12 miler last week, so that's what I did - I know my app only says 11.6, but my cousin and I ran the same path and his map my run said 12 - I am going with that! He then went on to run another 5 - I died in an ice bath... it was 36 degrees! I have never run in that cold of weather before, but getting to run around City Park was beautiful! It was hard and I wanted to quit a few times, but I powered through... and rewarded myself with more potatoes that night! :)
Friday was the LSU Arkansas game, which was a much better game than I was hoping for, but we won and had a good time, so that's whats important!
Saturday we drove the trailer up to the property so it would be ready to go for my sisters visit this coming weekend after her finals... we also refilled all the feeders and did some work on the property and I drove the trailer for the first time ever! It was scary at first, but all highway so not bad!
Sunday night was our first Christmas party of the year and I learned how to East Coast Swing!!! They had two dance instructors and after eating I decided I should move a bit to burn some calories... it was pretty fun!
We had a busy few days, but it was fun! Tomorrow I plan to talk about my new challenge and plans for the 111 days left til I turn 30!!!!




Yay for 12 miles!!!! Whoop whoop!
ReplyDelete