Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving- A Time to Give Thanks

Normally I am the biggest black Friday shopper you will meet - a couple years ago they moved it from zero dark thirty on Friday to late Thursday night and I still participated... this year I will not be participating - don't get me wrong I love deals, but what I don't like is that now this has been pushed up to dinner time on Thanksgiving day, this holiday is a time to be thankful for what we have and spend it with the ones we love, not go out shopping for what we want causing other people to have to work instead of getting to spend the day with their loved ones. I LOVE a great deal, but I also feel the stores are taking this too far.

This Thanksgiving weekend I will be spending it with my loved ones who I am the MOST thankful for. I love all my family and friends but there are a few who I know I would become a depressed miserable wreck if I didn't have in my life - they keep me stable and sane, I know its wrong to have favorites, but I am only human:

My heart belongs to this man, who while I was sick all week this week from the LSU game has taken care of me including making me homemade chicken noodle soup:



My best friend and baby sister - she keeps me young and fun:



This woman is such an amazing woman who practically raised me and I hate that she is struggling health wise and keeps getting worse, I hate knowing that my future babies will probably not get to know her and experience what a wonderful woman she is:


My mom who had to raise 3 kids on her own:


My brother and crazy cousins that are always entertaining at family gatherings... and Mardi Gras!
 



My chosen family members (aka friends):


 
 
 

 

 
 


 
 
Last, but not least my fluffy babies:
 



I hope you get to spend this holidays with the ones you love and are thankful for!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!
    YAY for not shopping on Turkey day. It literally hurts me when I hear that people have to work on such an amazing holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you girl, I completely agree. I am not shopping either. I cannot believe it. It has just gotten ridiculous! All about the stupid money. I hope more Americans think like we do so it turns into a complete bust. Have a great Thanksgiving girl, it looks like you have much to be thankful for! xoxo

    ReplyDelete