Monday, November 11, 2013

Working Out of Town and Injuries

I am going to be very Debby Downer this morning and I apologize in advance... I was in San Antonio for work last week and Wednesday morning I got up early and got in a great 4 mile run along the River Walk...
 
 
 
 
I tried to take pics while running and they were blurry, but if you haven't been is beautiful, a little scary early in the morning, but as the morning run when on more runners joined me and it was less scary.

 
 
 I stopped to take this one because the bridges are so pretty and I wanted at least one good picture!
 

 
That night after the conference I went out to eat with some of the other people there... its always easier to make new friends with big a** beers and huge margaritas!
 
 
We went to "Dicks" after dinner- they put hats on you with mean sayings... and mine was probably the nicest of all of them... "My nickname in high school was the little easy" - one of the guys in our group had a backpack on him.. this is what you get with you party with engineers... we are nerds, so I put it on for my picture! I was the first to get a hat, but by the end of the night we all had one... my favorite was on one guy "I farted and my gerbil got away"
 

 
 
After the conference Friday I headed up to meet the hubs at the ranch and stopped at the outlets at San Marcos on the way up- I wanted to get some Christmas shopping done, got my sisters gift, the hubs gift, and my MIL her gift... Coach was having a sale so I got her a purse... and the hubs told me to pick one out too so I got myself a gift from him for Christmas- now I just don't know which one I want and which I want to give her, because I love them both!!!

 
Saturday the hubs got the most amazing deer!!! The biggest one on our place- a nice 13 pointer... and I wont go into Sat night that was a horrible game... :(

 
 
I am in the office for this morning and then I head back out of town for work again- I had one lovely night at home last night and wont be back til the end of the week... BFE North Texas here I come... and here come the freezing temps... I am NOT looking forward to this weather...
 
 
 
On to my injury- I dont know what or how I did it, but Wednesday during the day I noticed my right knee (the good knee) was killing me.. its not like my bad knee its a different pain.. Thursday after a night out I was in no mood to workout so I rested, but Friday morning I hit the hotel gym and did upper body weights, I was going to warm up with 1 mile on the treadmill, but half a mile in I had to stop because of the pain. I did the second half on the elliptical. So no 12 mile run for me this weekend, the hubs told me to rest it and ice it and I didn't argue. I do not want to cause major damage and I do not want to not be able to do my full in February. I am going to try running at the hotel with a brace this week and see how it feels, but I will be foam rolling and stretching and icing like a beast to hopefully get better... and if it doesnt improve this week I will make an appointment with a sports medicine doctor- I have a full in 3 months, I don't have time for this!

2 comments:

  1. First off- River Walk Run, How fun!! We've been tot hat Dick's Restaurant before, too much had there! Your Mother in law is one lucky gal to have you on Christmas Gift list!! The injury- is there any chance it could be your shoes? Hope you feel better stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how frustrating it is to feel body pains while you're preparing for a big event. However, I'm glad you considered taking enough rest and visiting a doctor. As you heed their advice, I'm pretty sure you'll be good to go after three months. Hope you keep us updated. Get well soon! :)

    Sienna @ FtLauderdaleOrtho.com

    ReplyDelete