Traveling again this week for work - making it hard to eat healthy coupled with the fact that my knee is messed up and I cant run I had a bad night last night. I called in Pizza Hut and the guy was like "It will be $2 cheaper to get a large" so I did... and I ate HALF of it, by myself... I was going to keep the leftovers to eat tonight, but luckily I felt so horrible that I threw it away...
I need to just admit this and move on, so that's what I am doing here. Admitting and moving on. I cant change yesterday, and I cant change whats already happened today- what I can change is tonight and tomorrow and every day after that. No more looking back, only looking forward and I am looking forward to eating healthy tomorrow!
I woke up early this morning and got in a great lower body workout:
5 minute warm up on elliptical
dead lifts with 15lb weights in each hand - 20 reps
lunges with 15lb weights in each hand - 10 each leg
standing resistance band working both outer and inner thighs 25lbs each direction with both legs 10 reps each
45 second wall sits
Repeat twice
plank for a minute
My legs are burning already!
Its hard to eat healthy on the go, but I went by Walmart tonight and got a few protein bars to help with tomorrow- for me, no snacks lead to over eating at meals. Luckily I get home Thursday and will be spending this weekend at home- first weekend in a while. Going to cook up a lot of healthy stuff and get back to the carb cycling! I plan to do my best at sticking with the carb cycling plan tomorrow and Thursday, but I also know that being on the go I may not be 100% on point, but that's ok! Better to be 90% on point than to eat like total crap and then feel even worse afterwards!
This past weekend my knee was killing me, even just standing still or sitting, its no longer just hurting for the sake of hurting, so I am glad I rested it this weekend and didn't try to eek out those 12 miles. I may try to warm up on the treadmill tomorrow morning and see how I feel- I have an upper body workout planned, but I may run a bit too if my knee isn't hurting. FINGERS CROSSED my knee is better!!!!
I love when you said "I cant change yesterday, and I cant change whats already happened today- what I can change is tonight and tomorrow and every day after that. No more looking back, only looking forward and I am looking forward to eating healthy tomorrow!" I need to remember this!! Like you, if I don't prepare healthy snacks/meals then I will overindulge or choose unhealthy options. This may be a stupid question - what is carb cycling?
ReplyDeleteYou threw away pizza? Good girl! I would have eaten the entire thing! Hope your knee gets better!
ReplyDelete