Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tabatas Circuit

button
 
 
This circuit will leave you gasping for air if you do it right... its only 40 minutes but its 40 minutes of INTENSE work!

If you don't know what tabatas are, I should start with explaining them. Tabatas is a form of HIIT (high intensity interval training) and its the best way to MELT fat!

Each interval is 4 minutes long and consists of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest repeated 8 times.

Tabata Circuit
20 sec intense 100% effort work
10 sec rest
20 sec intense 100% effort work
10 sec rest
20 sec intense 100% effort work
10 sec rest
20 sec intense 100% effort work
10 sec rest
20 sec intense 100% effort work
10 sec rest
20 sec intense 100% effort work
10 sec rest
20 sec intense 100% effort work
10 sec rest
20 sec intense 100% effort work
10 sec rest

I know it doesn't SOUND hard, but its no joke... I downloaded a HIIT free timer app "Seconds Free" and you can create different timed workouts and one of them is the tabata timer. I didn't realize it was programmed in for the full 8 rounds, so I selected it 8 times Saturday morning to start my workout. I started the first round and saw it had 40 minutes on my clock and realized this was going to be a challenge, but I decided to stick with the plan and do it!


Circuit 1: jab cross on my punching bag (still very glad the hubs got me this for my birthday this year)


 
Circuit 2: roundhouse kicks on the bag, alternating legs each working interval
 
 
Circuit 3: bicep curls with 15lb dumbbells and dead lifts alternating exercises on each working interval to give me 4 rounds of each exercise
 
 
Circuit 4: upper cuts on the bag
 
 
Circuit 5: front kicks on the bag alternating legs each working interval
 
 
Circuit 6: squats and tricep extensions using 15lb dumbbell alternating exercises on each working interval to give me 4 rounds of each exercise
 
 
Circuit 7: planks and side planks, alternating exercises each interval to get 4 of each type (2 of each side on side planks)
 
 
Circuit 8: hooks on the bag
 
 
After the workout I was spent... I litterally had to sit down to finish my shower so I wouldn't pass out, it was no joke! I rested a minute at the end of each circuit instead of just 10 seconds, but trust me you need that minute to recover!
 
 


1 comment: