Monday, November 4, 2013

Marathon Training Update

My goals for last week:
Monday-4 mile run REST
Tuesday- 7 miles on bike and weights bootcamp
Wednesday- 4 mile run  3 miles
Thursday- 7 miles on bike and weights
Friday- 10 mile run
Saturday- rest
Sunday- 3 mile run REST
 
 
Goals for this week:
Monday: weights
Tuesday: 4 mile run
Wednesday: weights
Thursday: 4 mile run
Friday: spin
Saturday: 12 mile run
Sunday: rest
 
 
I will be on the road for work starting tomorrow and that will make getting in workouts rough, but I can do this! I also plan to stay on track with the carb cycling. Last week I wasn't 100% on point with it and that's why I didn't lose again.
 
 
 Halloween I got away ok considering I had to hold this all night and hand out candy to kids... I had 3 Reese's, not great, but not bad. A guy on the radio Friday said the average kid eats 3500 calories that night alone!!!!! I told the hubs to hide or give away the leftovers... I just don't want to see them, so they are gone now. I just cant have that crap in my house!


 
 Friday morning was my scheduled 10 miler, luckily I had two friends meet me at the park to run- no one going as far or as fast as me (NEVER thought I would say that) BUT its nice to know you aren't out there alone... one friend walked about an hour and a half and the other walked two laps then ran two laps. I got in my new tank, LOVES IT!!


This totally happened Friday morning and I could not be more proud... I was FAST, as I mentioned before I am training for the marathon with the 3:1 training idea, run 3 minutes, walk 1 and repeat til you finish... this in turn makes me run faster because I know I will have recovery time.
 

 
My fastest mile was mile 5?!?  and my slowest was mile 8, for some reason around mile 8/9 I always struggle...

 

 
 
 
A little comparison for you, a month and a half ago my 10 miler was 13:25 pace- just running no walk breaks, with the walk breaks my pace is SUB 12 min/mile!!!!! It makes me wonder what my half marathon time would be with this strategy and with better weather- it was so nice Friday morning!
 
 
 
It was opening weekend this weekend so we went to the hill country. Had dinner at Hondo's in Fredericksburg and I ate a piece of grilled chicken while watching the hubs eat a cheeseburger, but I did help him with the sweet potato fries, I am only so strong! :)

 
My brother came this weekend and got his first deer, a nice doe!

 
 
Our neighbors have exotics, these are so pretty, a nice close up of the schimitar horned oryx.
 

 
I got a nice 9 point buck, but the pics are on my camera not my phone, so those will have to come later...
 
For November I am doing TWO challenges, Pile on the Miles and Planksgiving! Who is in with me?!?!

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment