Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Growing up we had a Christmas family tradition that we always drove out to the Christmas tree farm and picked and cut down our own tree... I continued this tradition with the hubs and its one of my most favorite things about this time of year. Christmas doesn't set in until I get the tree! This usually happens the weekend after Thanksgiving and we get the house decorated and it really puts me in the spirit. Well this year, we have been so busy that we still don't have a tree! Tonight is the night! We are skipping out of work a bit earlier than usual because the tree farm closes at 6pm.

I cant wait!

The past three Christmas tree experiences:


2010
 
 
2011
 
 
2012
 

I am super excited and cant wait to get the tree up and decorations out of the attic... better late than never right? My MIL is coming in this year and we are hosting, so I hope its not too late and we can find a great tree again and aren't stuck with a Charlie Brown tree because its so close to Christmas!


I decorate it with LSU ornaments and in LSU colors every year AND this year will be the first year we have a second tree upstairs - its fake, but its our travel tree! We have been getting ornaments on our vacations together as keepsakes and I am super excited about that tree and how it will look this year! I think we finally have enough ornaments after 3.5 years together that we can rock it this year!


 
 
Merry Christmas to all! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have that tradition! We have massive allergies so no real tree for us!!!!

    ReplyDelete