I was able to get an appointment for this morning at 10am with a local sports medicine guy. I am soooo very glad they were able to get me in and I hope we can get this figured out and my knee feeling better so that I can still finish what I set out to complete: running a marathon Feb 2nd!
On an eating note, especially since I haven't been able to do long runs I have been super strict with my eating.
No carbs after lunch
Black coffee (on weekends I allow myself light non dairy cream powder)
No added sugar
No fried food
Lots of veggies
Grilled lean proteins
Little to no dressing on my salads
I did allow myself a cheat lunch Sunday, but had a protein shake for dinner to help level it out - Sunday is also the only day this year my net calories has been over 1,000/day.
I have been vigilant about keeping dinner lean and light and every day I have worked so far I have done Salata for lunch. Grilled salmon spinach salad- its divine... it feels like cheating, but its not! It helps that the hubs is on board for the new year. He wants to lose some weight himself and he even ran with me Sunday - I may have had to bribe him, but it worked! I am excited about him wanting to get healthy with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment