Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lifting Weights

Due to my injury I will be focusing on lifting weights over the next few months- I want to be strong and toned and I am lifting heavy to get there...

Monday was upper body and I did heavier weights than I have done before to PUSH myself past my comfort zone and really get a burn... I am still having trouble washing my hair my arms are so sore. Today is lower body - I am working on another lower body workout that is ok to do with my injury, but its getting difficult. Heavy weights may not be an option for what I do with some lower body exercises, so I will just have to do more and more of them!

When lifting a lot of people talk about macros. I checked out iifym.com and found what I should be eating and MAN that's A LOT of protein - they suggest one gram per pound of body weight... I have never eaten more than around 120g of protein a day and lets just say I am not 120lbs. I am going to shoot for hitting that, but I don't know if I will get there. They also want you to eat MORE calories that I am used to seeing/eating, but they are clean calories, Mama Laughlin actually talked about this the other day. I am not going to 2000 cals but I am working on 1600-1800 calories a day of CLEAN eating... this is NOT an easy task.


We will see where it goes, but I have good feelings about it all.

2 comments:

  1. To get to that amount of protein you have to supplement with protein powders and snack on grill chicken/ground turkey throughout the day. Upping the protein and cutting the carbs works wonders!! Arms so sore you can barley wash your hair?! Please share that work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband talks a lot about marcos! I should have him do a blog post!
    It looks like you are finding great work outs despite your injury! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete