Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Workout Wednesday- 2013 Training Plan

I am linking up with Skinny Meg again for her WOW! :)
 
I came up with a tri/half marathon/marathon training plan and started yesterday.... Its a training plan for me for the rest of the year, which gives me the best chance at succeeding in my tri in July, my half in October, and my full next February!

I researched a few different plans, Hal Higdon and Jeff Galloway and combined what I liked about each, and added weights because when I did my last training for my 10k in March I cut out weights and I want to get and STAY strong and toned, and weights are necessary for that. I also kept spin throughout the training because I believe it makes me a faster/better runner!

I kept my during the week runs short, because I workout over lunch break and I threw in some classes at my gym:

Kat's class - is a bodypump/bootcamp class- weights and a step and general pain

Heather's class- is a bootcamp/sports conditioning class - body weight exercises and lots of cardio/plyo

I also ordered another month of weight training and some cardio routines from EFITMAMA on IG... her first month was amazing, so I am trying to decide how I am going to work those in to my training schedule. I may just do them on weight days OR I may think about two a days, we will see how that ends up!


 
 
 
button

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty awesome training plan! What distance tri are you training for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deciding about what training program and exercise routine to do should be based on our goals. In this light, I congratulate you for thinking your workout routine thoroughly. By following it, I'm sure you are more than ready for those races you're going to join. Congratulations and good luck!
    Jessica @ She\'s Fit!

    ReplyDelete