I took a half day Friday and the hubs and I headed up to Dallas with the boys, since Max needed medicine daily so we couldn't leave them behind. They enjoyed the car ride... and the big windows at the hotel too, they stayed in front of those all weekend.
Friday night we all met up at Gloria's a Mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks and to celebrate Jen's engagement! It was fun, I was able to sit next to Becka of Kiki La'Rue, Amy of Brady Bands, Nikki who doesn't have a blog, and Felicia... all great girls! and then Megan from Skinny Meg came by after her soccer game and hung out for a while too.
After dinner at the restaurant we went to Sherlock's and there was a live band... a really good live band, but I cant for the life of me remember there name... we had a blast dancing, I cant remember the last time I had that much fun...
the creepers were creeepin...
Amy... my Htown girl!
Felicia can get down!
Megan!
I was in Megan's blog post update, and loved the pic so much I am stealing it for mine too!
Love this girl!
Saturday morning when I woke up for the Run or Dye 5K was rough, I had partied a bit much for the night before a run... and it was HOT, super hot, and the run was in a parking lot, on asphalt... not a good combo, I ran the first mile, then ran walked the rest, but stayed up with Mama Laughlin and a few other girls because they too were having the same issues as me... got to talk to her a bit and it was fun getting to meet her in real life... another blog fan of hers came up and asked for a picture and of course she was super sweet and they took a pic, it was really neat to see that she really does enjoy inspiring other women and she does care. Her and Megan are both wonderful women and after this weekend I look up to them even more, they are so open and friendly and welcoming!
I also stole this pic from ML's IG... just after we finished and grabbed our waters!
After the run most of the ladies went to brunch for mimosas, I took a time out, was going to nap, but instead went to Cabella's in Dallas... that was a GREAT decision, because they had a PURPLE gun!!!!! I have been searching for one for over a year and there it was... so we got it!!!! I am so excited to get to use it next time we go to the property there will be target practice! :)
Tonight I leave for New Orleans and then I am headed to Pensacola with my sister and some good friends, I need a relaxing weekend at the beach for sure because I am worn out... just got back from the field last night and have work today then play time again!


You're too sweet girl! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you could make it! Can't wait for the next get together!
It was so good to meet you and your husband. Loved your recap!!
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting for your recap!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you ladies had a blast!! :)
Totally jealous!! Wish I could have gone! Looks like you had so much fun :)
ReplyDelete