Monday, July 1, 2013

Pensacola/Nola Weekend Update and July Goals

I had a whirlwind of a weekend... and I am exhausted and running on fumes at work today...

Thursday I worked late, went to the gym and did a full body circuit workout, courtesy of EFITMAMA on IG, if you aren't following her yet, you should be!! Then got a text that my 9:55 flight was delayed til 11:40! So I left the gym and met a few friends who had gone to happy hour... wait you don't leave a good workout to go drink a few vodka tonics?? Then I headed off to the airport, I wanted to be there in time for my flight in case they moved it up, they didn't, but you never know... so Thursday I got to bed around 2am, and Friday morning woke up at 7am to head to Slidell to have breakfast with my aunt and then meet up with my friends from BR to head to the beach. If you don't follow me on IG my sis and I made some funny videos... you should check them out: lsusweetiepie84 is my account!

Friday around lunch we arrived, checked in and hit the beach immediately!


 
 
my sis and I

 


That night was pretty low key and relaxing, we went to Rotollos for dinner and had pizza (dinner of choice in a bikini right? ) and headed to Walmart for drinks and snacks for the rest of the weekend... and Saturday morning we got up and headed right back to the beach again...

 
group water pic! 
 

 
beer thirty... all day drinking is allowed, even encouraged at the beach!


 

 

 
 
the water

 


 

 

beach pic


It started to rain around 1030, so we went in for a bit, and I hit the hotel gym and got in an incredible full body circuit workout for an hour and then the sun came back out and we were back on the beach around noon! That night we decided to go out and celebrate because Tara's birthday was Sunday!


me and the birthday girl!
 

 
 
our group before going out:

 
 
sisters!!!



 
our drinks at dinner... mine was the only one without over 1,000 cals in it... I have a really HARD time justifying liquid calories... so I stick to Corona Light and vodka tonic/soda
 
 
now fried calories??? GAME ON!!!! I did at least split the grilled shrimp entrée with a side salad with my sister, so that totally balanced out the onion rings!
 

 
 they had a 980lb blue marlin (biggest fish caught in Florida) - mine from the honeymoon was only 625lb, but still, pretty cool!
 

 
 
dancing at one of the bars...
 
 
 
Sunday morning on the beach, for about 30 min before the bad weather came and we packed up and headed back to Nola...
 
 
 
 
Sunday night in Nola all the cousins and family got together for dinner to celebrate two of my cousins birthdays (one Thurs and one Sat)- every cousin but my brother!

 
 
my mom came down for it too....
 
 
 
all the cousins and mawmaw!


 
 
me and my mawmaw, I love this woman LOTS... shes not doing great, but was able to take off her oxygen for pics, she is one of the best women I know... I miss her lots when I am away, but thankful I can visit her as often as I do being 6/so hours away!
 

 
 
Got up at 4am this morning to make my flight back home... and now I am going to struggle through the day til I can go home and see my fuzzy babies and CRASH in bed early (hopefully)...
 
For the 4th, I am staying home... I have been gone every weekend for over a month and need rest! I am looking forward to it more than I can express....
 
 
July is a new month and I have new goals-
 
eat cleaner
workout at least 5 times a week! - my tri is the end of this month!!!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I need a girl's weekend away :)
    I love family, especially grandmothers, so I am happy that you are able to see yours!
    Can't wait to hear about your tri!!

    ReplyDelete