Thursday, July 25, 2013

Grandma Edie

at Christmas this past year

Yesterday Grandma Edie was laid to rest. She was just a month shy of 97 and lived an incredible life. She was one of the most amazing women I have ever met and even though she wasn't my biological grandma (she is my cousins grandma); it was a pleasure to call her grandma and get to spend all the time with her that I had. Growing up close with my cousins I was one and the same to her. My sister got to visit her the night before she died and she said she asked about me and said she loved me and was glad she was able to meet my hubs.  Words cannot express how much of a loss this is to the world, but I know that heavens got another good one up there and I cant wait to see her again one day. She was always a dancer until recently and I know she is up there dancing away with her two late husbands having a ball!


I also had 7 meetings scheduled for yesterday, luckily one got moved to today and I ended up missing one because one lasted 2 1/2 hours -it was our quarterly update to the CEO, which is why I couldn't be in New Orleans to send Grandma Edie off. I had to present on my project I have been working on all year that's almost finished. My heart and head were in New Orleans all day yesterday... I know my cousins miss her like crazy because I do as well.



2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss Melissa.
    Sending wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how special grandparents are and how hard it is to lose them! Praying for you to find comfort in the great memories! :)

    ReplyDelete