Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Weekend Update

Thursday night I went to Freedom Over Texas with some friends to celebrate the 4th!


Martina McBride performed

 
 
me and the girls... sorry its a bit blurry!

 

Sheryl Crow also performed.... I have never seen her in concert before or heard her live before, not sure if she was having an off night or if she is just a horrible singer without the computer effects, but it was bad... REALLY bad... she had Martina sing one of her songs with her and that made her seem even worse because Martina's voice is AMAZING!

 
 
Then was the fireworks show, it was AWESOME! Probably the biggest display of fireworks I have ever seen! I was really impressed and got a few good pics and a video to send to the hubs so he could have fireworks on the rig!
 


Friday was pretty low key day, got in a workout and did some work from home.... then watched some tv and my friends daughter came over, she turned 18 Wednesday... she is my pet sitter when I am gone and I sometimes tutor her in math too, so we celebrated by me grilling some chicken and cooking sweet potatoes... then she shared this pic with me that she took last weekend, how cute is my baby????

 
 
then we went to Orange Leaf for some fro yo... my only splurge this weekend!

 
 
Saturday I mowed the lawn and got in my workout... then relaxed some and met up with a friend in the Woodlands for Salata.. my favorite place to eat, one of her other friends joined us and they both had never been before, but also loved it!
 
Sunday after church I went and played with the 15/16 month old babies during the late service, they wore me out, so I got in a nap, but woke up in time to see that it was RAINING in Texas... for about 10 minutes, but it did rain, and as you can see my grass needs it badly!!!

 
my girls snuggled with me yesterday afternoon

 
 
So did my little guy... he can be so cute when he tries!

 
 
Back at work today AND my love comes home tomorrow!!! Oh and since I weighed in July 1st (Monday), my weekly weigh ins are moving to Mondays... so glad I was good this weekend, I am down 2lbs! I know a lot of it is prolly water weight from all the eating out, but I will take it, I am no longer at my highest post wedding weight!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on the weight loss!!

    What a bummer about Sheryl Crow. She is coming to our area this weekend and my MIL is going to see her....I'll have to ask how "bad/good" she is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great 4th! You got some great fireworks pics!

    ReplyDelete