My usual weekend update is going to happen tomorrow. This week I start training for my first half marathon and in effect my first whole marathon... my half is October 12, 2013 in New Orleans - the Jazz Half and my whole is February 2, 2014 in New Orleans the Rock and Roll Marathon.
I am running the marathon to raise money for the American Heart Association. January 27, 1993 my daddy passed away from a heart attack. He had a pacemaker put in a couple years before that and it malfunctioned or something went wrong with it while he was out for a jog one night and he just never came home. Heart disease is a real issue here in America. My grandmothers on both sides have had heart attacks and survived them, thankfully, but not everyone is that lucky. Raising money for this cause is important to me. I was a big daddy's girl and it rocked my world when he was taken from me so suddenly.
I knew signing up for a full marathon was crazy when I haven't even run a half yet, so I knew I needed a purpose to help motivate and push me on days when I just cant get there- I will be running in memory of my daddy and would love others to join my team if you are interested as well. They have a heart walk in Houston November 16, 2013 and I will be doing that as well, you can do the walk with me, marathon with me, pray for me as I train/run, or just donate to the cause! Any support is appreciated!
I have added my fundraising widget to my page on the right side. My personal goal is $7,500 and my team goal is $10,000 (for both the walk and run). Think about joining me!
The team name is the Bill Myers Memorial.
one of our last family pics together before he passed

I will be cheering you on during your training!!
ReplyDeleteCan you donate online through the site???