Last week:
Today-
Tuesday-
Wednesday-
Thursday-
Friday- 4 mile run worked on ranch - no run, and the reason I bumped my 4 miler to earlier!
Saturday-
Sunday- weights worked on ranch
Total miles: 13!
Goals for this week:
Today- 3.5 mile run
Tues- weights
Wed- 4 mile run
Thurs- weights
Fri- 3 mile run
Sat- mud challenger run (4-6 miles)
Sun-REST
Weekend at a glance, Thursday after work we drove up to the ranch. Friday morning we got to work on building the first deer stand and refilling all the feeders, protein and corn. Those 50lb bags of food are no joke, I got in a nice workout just doing work around the place.
Saturday morning was my long run, I had planned on Friday too, but didn't want to mess up my long run by running the day before, will not set that up that way again.
When my alarm went off I DID NOT want to get up... but I LOVE running and once I got out the door and my feet hit the pavement I was in my stride and happy I did get up!
A summary of my run, I did an out and back through downtown Brady... I wasn't thinking when I planned my long runs for weekends about how half my weekends I will be in the hill country, but hill training is good, just probably not good to couple it with long runs, so I took it slow....
I started slow and after mile 3 I hit my stride and sped up... I have NEVER had a run like this,
1. this was my first hills run
2. this is my first run where I speed up as I go... mile 3 was my slowest but then I got faster!
3. at the end I felt like I had more to give, if we didn't have a lot planned for the day Saturday, I would have kept running!
Saturday we continued building the stand... the top two pics are the bottom of it and the bottom two are side pics, of the frame work we did, we also nailed the OSB to the frames, but then Brady lost power on Sat night and we didn't get it back Sunday, so no more work was done, we will have to finish it the next trip!
It was hot, the hottest it got while we were working was 113F.... way to hot! Even my Iphone was like aww hell no:
I really want to go back for goat cookoff, going to try to rally some ladies to come with me... the hubs will be on the rig :(
how was your weekend? get in any good runs?

I took the week off - hit up a hilly 5k last night and now I am raring to go today:)
ReplyDeleteI hate when my alarm goes off but LOVE when I am out there running, getting in my groove!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 13 miles week! Whoot whoot!!!! :) :)
PS~Do hills, they make you stronger! I LOVE 'EM! :)