Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Saying No

Yesterday I got in a GREAT run on the treadmill in the gym, 32:30 for 3 miles... but its because I am stressed and had a lot to give... work is killing me lately.

I had to fire a company I have been using and run them off of my job last week, at least I did it in person, but I don't like doing that- I don't think I could ever be a manager because I wouldn't want to have to fire people. THEN this morning I had to fire someone else for not wearing the right safety equipment around location. This was one of my favorite guys to work with and it was hard on me... really hard on me. Don't get me wrong, there are days when I LOVE my job, but recently there are more days were I hate it than love it.

I don't like being stressed, overworked, and feeling underappreciated either. I do also realize I have issues with over committing myself and have been working on saying no when asked to take on new projects - I have said it twice this month! My last job was the same problem - after I quit they hired 3 people to replace me. I am going to try to nip this in the bud without having to change companies, but that is an easy out and a way to start fresh.

I can say no, and I need to realize that wont mean that people will be unhappy with me or think I am lazy. I just need to work on actually saying no so its easier to do!

It does wonders for my training though, it did help that I was inside in AC but 32:30 for 3 miles is leaps and bounds better than Saturdays 4 miles in 50 minutes! I cant lie that I am nervous about 6 miles this weekend... its been a while since I have run that far, since March actually! I know I can do it because I have done it before, but its scary anyway!

Why did I sign up for a full marathon in February? I MUST be crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Using your frustration for running motivation is the best!!!!!!
    I think all runners are a bit crazy!!!
    You will rock your 6!!
    Don't worry about your time!!
    Think about that awesome feeling you will get when crossing the finish line at the half!!

    ReplyDelete