Today I am linking up with one of my favorite bloggers Katie of KTJ Weighing In She has been doing this link up for a while now and I have finally decided to join in! Its so fun to read everyones posts and its great to talk about what we are doing right, because its easy to get bogged down by the scale.
The other day my husband inadvertently gave me one of the biggest compliments he ever has "... well you are in the best shape of your life right now" - no I am not at my smallest pant/dress size, no I am not at my smallest adult weight size, but you know what? He is RIGHT!
I just finished my first full triathlon in under an hour and a half, I am training for a half marathon (Oct 12th) and full marathon (Feb 2)... and I am working really hard at it!
We really need to stop beating ourselves up - MYSELF especially for not being 100% killing it in all areas of our lives. I am killing it at work and at the gym, my diet has been not on point, but I know that and I can work on fixing that, but it may never be 100% on point, and that's ok, I don't need to stress out about that and worry about that, its nice to take a minute and sit back and realize how far we have excelled in the areas of our lives that we are doing well in.
I ran my first 5k about 1 1/2 years ago and never would have imagined even thinking about a triathlon or marathon, but here I am, making it happen. Pretty amazing what your body can do!
Great job! I have my first 5K coming up in September and I'm a little nervous... Sounds like you are doing great! Isn't it funny how our husbands can give us flat out, "you look great" compliments and we don't believe them, but when they say things like that without thinking about them it's the best! Awesome NSV!
ReplyDeleteKristin
Love this post!!!
ReplyDeleteAt least you are out there kicking ass! Who gives a damn what that scale says!
Your body is amazing for carrying you through your races and now it will be carrying you through your half and full!!!!
Way to go girl!!!!!
Great post! I would never even think about a triathlon, but lately I have found I love riding my bike. It's great to be in the best shape of your life. I may not be there, but I feel a lot better than I have in years!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome that you completed your first triathlon and you are exactly right that we beat ourselves up for all of the things we did "wrong" and we totally forget all the things we did "right" we would all probably be amazed at how much we could accomplish if we focused more on our right decisions!! Thanks for linking up with us!!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the linkup - wow a triathlon! Congrats - you go girl!! Good luck with training for the 1/2 marathon :)
ReplyDeleteXO Jackie
www.jaclara.blogspot.com
Hello! I nominated you for the sunshine award! Check out my blog at http://runlikeag.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-sunshine-award.html
ReplyDelete