I did really good yesterday, even though I was tempted to go out to dinner because the hubs got home after a few days away. I ended up cooking elk tacos and made mine into nachos with my two taco shells so I could have more protein and less carbs - we used the whole wheat tacos from Ortega - they were amazing and kept my carbs lower for the day! I know part of my goal was no carbs after 4, but I am changing that part to just try to keep lower carbs for the whole day! Still not at my goal split from IIFYM.COM but I am doing much better than I was before - I actually had 150g of protein yesterday!!!
I got in a 10 minute warmup walk on the treadmill - I wanted to run so bad I could scream, but I know my knee needs rest. Then I did lower body weights workout using ankle weights for most of the workout, it was killer - my legs were on fire! I didn't think it would be possible to cause that much of a burn without lunges/squats my go to leg exercises, but its possible, you just have to get creative!
Lower Body Workout:
10 min warm-up
Weights section (repeat twice):
deadlifts with 50lb bar
walking to the side with the elastic band wrapped around both ankles - works your outer thighs (15 big steps both directions- the larger your step the more you are working) I used the red band
ankle weight moves: (I had four sand bags in my ankle weight - I believe it was around 4-6lbs)
standing up and keeping your leg straight kick your leg back - works the butt and your legs - 15 each leg
standing up swing your leg across your body and up in the air on the opposite side - works your inner thighs - 15 each leg
on all fours lift one leg up and back - works your butt - 15 each leg
on all fours lift one leg up to the side (fire hydrants) - 15 each leg
sit with your back against the wall and lift your leg off the ground, while keeping it straight and hold for 10 seconds - twice each leg
calf raise machine with 90lbs - 15 total
Love the lower body workout girl! I also walk to the side with the elastic band wrapped around my ankles!!! I love it. It makes my thighs scream. I will do it on the tredmill at a slow pace and put the incline up to 3.0 or 5. It works miracles, ha!
ReplyDeleteWoo!! 150g?? I managed up to 120g the other day, but struggling still to stay above 100g. It is definitely a change of pace trying to add in the protein after being restricted for so long.
ReplyDeletemy thighs hurt just reading your workout! No pain, no gain!
Great job girl, work it :)
ReplyDelete