It still clicks during certain movements, but the constant pain isn't there anymore. I have NOT been diligent with my PT exercises... and I hate that. Today is a month since I was told I needed to rest. I was supposed to add 1-2lbs a week on my leg lifts. Yesterday was the first day I added weights. I went with 2lbs. I waited until I felt doing them without weights was pretty easy, but I wasn't doing them daily like I was supposed to. I did them 2-3 times a week and that's it.
I got in a great lower body workout yesterday and 10 minutes on the bike. Today I plan on getting in 10 minutes on the elliptical and upper body weights in. I am the only one who can pull myself out of this funk. Running was my therapy and I need to find a new one and I am hoping weights can do that for me, but I am going to have to lift more than 2 days a week to see results.
I am also just finishing up with my monthly visitor so that should help my mood too.
My doc said once I don't have pain anymore and can do the leg lifts with 12lbs I can try running again. If I add 2lbs a week I can try running again in mid March. I just need to do this.
I have cut out sugar and am working on the rest of my diet, but I do great for breakfast and lunch and still struggle with dinner - a lot of that has to do with lack of preparation. I went to the grocery store yesterday and I feel better prepared for today.
Kroger has a version of My Fit Foods meals and I am excited to try my first one at lunch today.
Anyone watch Biggest Loser? I am shocked - she doesn't look healthy?! I have it DVR'd, but googled the results this morning and was disappointed. I hope she can find a healthy medium now that the show is over. Its sad to see people go from unhealthy to healthy and back to unhealthy again. Its like she isn't better off than when she started the show because she is still unhealthy just in the opposite direction.
Hugs from the injury bus! Ugh it's rough, but you will come back stronger!!! I had to check out all the chatter surrounded the biggest loser winner. I don't see how a person could lose 45 pounds on a 150 pound frame after three months on the ranch. The show as whole perpetuates and unhealthy relationship with food and fitness and for that reason I have an issue with it. People are hot about this!
ReplyDeleteDinner is my hardest meal as well, mostly because of the family cooking. Hubs and kiddos have insane metabolisms compared to mine.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on Loser...:( especially for someone with a history of eating disorders? I hope Loser takes this as a learning experience and change things up next season. The coaches all seemed in shocked and not positively.
You will get out of this funk! Stay positive and follow your routines! You will be running in no time!!!
ReplyDelete