Yesterday was my cardio day... I did 11 miles on the spin bike in 25 minutes doing intervals between 10 and 13 resistance and then I did intervals on the elliptical for 20 minutes 1.88 miles going between resistance 5 and 8. My knee started to hurt at the end, but I was finished so that was nice. Then I ended with some planking - because I hate it.
That is my NSV - I am going to work on my abs because they are weak, I am not going to avoid working on them because they are weak. Guess what? I held two planks for 30 seconds - HUGE success for me... I am VERY pleased with myself!
My calendar is looking nice, with 3/3 done - I plan to color code my x's - blue is upper body, yellow is lower body, and pink is cardio! I am not a stickers person - I like having lists and getting to cross things off. Or in this case x them off.
Yesterday was great food wise til dinner - then with running errands and all we were out super late... so we got fast food... reality people. It happens. Doing cardio also made me want to eat my face off all afternoon... weights are so less hunger inducing!! AND I skipped my protein bar at 3pm because I was in meetings... another way to fail quickly! Salad for lunch today - no joking around, getting back on it now. Hubs is taking me out for Vday tonight, so dinner may be another goner, but I can eat healthy until dinner and go from there!
My least favorite exercise move is lunges. Man I hate those things. I always make myself do them though! I love planks especially over crunches. I try to do different variations of the plank to keep from getting bored and make me not realize how long I'm holding plank. Looks like your doing great on your challenge so far! I'm a huge planner and list maker too.
ReplyDeleteI love planks but right now I can only hold them for 30-35 seconds! I am hoping to get to a minute someday. I have been trying to work on my core since it is important and skipped very often. Hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!
ReplyDelete