Friday I got in a GREAT lower body workout with a friend... and she had trouble keeping up and is in great shape, which made me feel great!
I tried changing my band routine and did it on the treadmill and that was intense and I LOVED it! Set it to 1 mph and did one minute on each side walking sideways and repeated it twice, GREAT burn and I didn't feel too strange because I had someone doing it with me!
This weekend was spent out of town and I ended up using my two rest days and I enjoyed them... I had off work yesterday ( we have a floating holiday every year and this year they gave it to us early - which was nice) so I stayed home and got stuff done! I baked some egg muffins using our venison sausage - forgot to add pepper and don't use salt so they were a bit bland, but not bad...
.
Then, since I had used all my rest days this weekend I got in an intense 30 minute workout... 6 different rounds of tabata exercises on the kickboxing bag!
For those that don't know Tabatas drills are 8 rounds of 20 seconds of 100% effort and 10 seconds of rest. I did 6 x 8 rounds to get my 30 minutes and I rested a minute between each drill. You want to die doing these so a minute should seem short. My routine:
jab cross
roundhouse alternating sides each round
upper cuts
front kicks
hooks
planking
An update on my challenge so far- last week I burnt a total of 2834 calories - almost a whole pound!!!
This weeks workout goals:
Monday - tabatas circuit with the bag
Tuesday- full body workout with a new trainer
Wednesday- tabatas circuit with the bag
Thursday- lower body workout
Friday - upper body workout
Saturday- manual labor at the property or a walk
Sunday- bike ride
Way to go lady! I'm curious about how your work out will go today! Exciting stuff!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job Melissa! I did a tabata class this weekend at a local gym and it kicked my ass! Tabata's are no joke :)
ReplyDelete