Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July weekend- a wedding and a baby shower


Thursday afternoon I went shopping. I needed to exchange two outfits I got at my bachelorette party because they were too big, one  I was able to exchange, the other didn’t have a counter part at the store in a medium, so I returned it and bought some other stuff, but since I waited so long, they were having a sale and I was able to get two bras and two panties for $5! Super excited about that! They are very cute and one is a matching set! I was also running low on perfume, so I went and got another bottle, LOVE Fancy by J Simp! I also needed more makeup so I went to Sephora and got more of my Bare Minerals powder… I even got one to keep at the gym so I can freshen up there after workouts at lunch.

 Friday morning I packed and dropped off the girls at the kennel and picked up the hubby to head to LA for the wedding festivities…. I left the house at noon and we got to the rehearsal dinner just in time at 6pm.. LONG drive, a couple of bad patches of traffic… the rehearsal was very nice, and a lot of people talked… so it ran late, got to sleep sometime around 11:30/so. Saturday we had the bridal brunch at the BR Country Club, and I was the first to get there… and found out they didn’t have power, it was pretty bad weather the day before rain/etc… but I guess we didn’t realize how bad, we ended up having it anyway… and the power came back on about half way through it, but I don’t think the AC ever did… I was so glad to get in the car and cool off after! Then Jake took me to Aveda Institute to get my hair done by a student for cheap, and it turned out good!

My friend Kiley was in town from Ohio, so we met up for a late lunch and hung out, but I was in such a rush that I didn’t get a pic L I miss her and cant wait for her to be back in LA for good, so she is closer!!! Then went to Michelles for pictures and to get ready, the wedding was at White Oak, it was still raining pretty bad, so it moved indoors, instead of being out on the lawn as planned. Her colors were green and grey, which turned out very nicely, we had short strapless grey dresses and our bouquets were crème and green.

There was a photobooth:
Me and my hot date-


Bridesmaids-

The Bride and Groom-

There was also a “mashed potato martini bar” – LOVED it.. and snowcones… the food was good, but I didn’t really like the cake, which was disappointing because I was really looking forward to it… my cake was just so moist, and yummy that no cake will probably ever be as good… The lady that made ours works out of her house in Zachary and is famous for them- Jake was joking that we should call her and say- “We have a 911 wedding cake emergency- we need yummy cake stat!”

It was a good time though and we had fun, and I didn’t eat much cake, which is a good thing!

Sunday morning we went to church with my brother and then brunch with him and my sister came up and met us… then we went to Mike the Tiger’s cage and the LSU store and looked at LSU gear…

then Jake and Kath dropped me off at my other friends baby shower and they went to Bass Pro and brought back fudge! The shower was fun, good to catch up with everyone… and then Jake and I went to visit my sisters kitty… adorable… and then drove all the way back to Houston, got home around 11, exhausted!


No comments:

Post a Comment