Its been a while…. Things have been busy, I have been doing
well on the workout front, had a few running and swimming breakthroughs, but
still not where I want to be on the food front.
Okay, Monday we went to the field, then had to get a hotel
in San Antonio because all the hotels in South Texas are booked indefinitely due
to the activity in the Eagle Ford. More oil field creating jobs!!!! So our
hotel had a free shuttle to the River Walk, so we asked the driver where to
eat, he recommended this Mexican place, it had a lot of people and was fun, we
split the grilled shrimp and chicken fajitas… would have been a win food wise
if it weren’t for the chips… or the two Coronas – note: I have been on a Corona
kick lately- I am normally a wine drinker, but oh well
Then we went to the mall there- Macy’s specifically and I
got a cute one shoulder blue paisley like dress – will have to post pics the
first time I wear it… then we went back to the hotel and got rested up for our
class the next day. Our class was “compressor school for operators” – we thought
that meant Oil and Gas Company Operators, but it meant lease operators- so its
my coworker Suzy and I and a bunch of big old lease operators, it was a GREAT
class- but they all knew we were engineers and definitely out of place there.
Last Friday was my 9/80 off and my hubby had an interview-
which went so well he now has a job offer- he is giving his two weeks today! I
am excited for him, because its with a company he really wants to work for, but
I am also a little bummed because the first 6 months to a year its going to be
a 14 and 14 rotation in the field (either South Texas or GOM), the longest we
have been apart so far is two weeks – he had to go to the field for his current
job for that long- but that was also two years ago- the longest we have been
apart since is 5/6 days- and not often. Our love languages are quality time and
physical touch- so this isn’t going to be easy – but I know he needs to do this
to get to where he wants to be and I had to work in the field 10 months when I
first started- and I had to work 5 and 2, so this is actually better than that.
Over the weekend Christy showed me some swimming tips Friday
evening and I used them Saturday in the lap pool- they were really helpful..
Jake and I ran with the girls Sunday- I have a new high of 13 minutes without
stopping- we weren’t doing 6 mph- but I am still happy about it! I also studied for the PE more- Hank was worn out from all the studying:
...I also got in a group of books that I need to study for it (I put my calculator by it for comparison):
Saturday evening we went to see The Dark Knight Rises- VERY good movie!!! ...and we stopped by Charming Charlies on the way in and I got a super cute new purse-
my love and I at the movie!
Sunday night I
went up to the field for my recomplete yesterday- it went well and we are
already seeing oil- pretty excited about it!




No comments:
Post a Comment