Thursday, October 25, 2012

Liebster Award!


First of all I need to thank Patricia for the nomination! Check out her blog here: http://patriciariley.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html





The rules, should you be nominated:

1. If you were nominated, post 11 things about yourselves.
2. Then answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you created.
3. Create 11 more questions to ask the bloggers you decided to nominate.
4. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate with less than 200 followers.
5. Make sure and let these people know you nominated them! No tag backs, so don't nominate someone who nominated you.







11 things about myself:



1. I am a happily married newlywed- my husband Jake and I got married April 28 this year- we will be at 6 months this weekend!!! We were set up on a blind date by a common friend 2 ½ years ago and haven’t looked back since! He’s a hottie… and he cooks!!! WINNING!!!!








2. I have three fuzzy babies: Belle my lab mix who I got when I was in college- she is 8, Maddie my greyhound/pit mix who I got a few months after buying my house- she is 2 ½, and Hank who Jake and I adopted last year, he is 1. I love them all very much and they all get along great and are adorable… as long as its not thundering or they aren’t left home alone too long…..

 

 


3. I am an engineer- I work in oil and gas- yep, big bad oil…. But I promise you I love baby seals!!!! My hubby also works in oil and gas… I am a “Sr Asset Engineer” which basically means I am doing the reservoir and production work for my areas because they don’t want to have to hire another person… good experience for me, but also stressful! I love my job and what I do!!

 

4. I am the oldest of three- my sister is my BFF and she is 8 years younger and my brother is 4 years younger… they are both in Lousisiana- with the rest of my family- I am the first on my mom’s side to leave the state…







5. My dad died of a heart attack while jogging one night when I was 8…. Its changed my life and I miss him terribly, but I know he is watching out for me!
 
 
 




6. I am slightly OCD about things being picked up at my house- probably another good reason not to have babies anytime soon… I hate deep cleaning, but also have to have things put away!!

 

7. I am one of those obnoxious LSU fans…. I bleed purple and gold… I love my school and my Tigers… home game weekends you will find me in Death Valley cheering on my team! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!
 




8. I hunt, fish, and camp- but am pretty girly on a day to day basis… if I am camping I can go a week without a shower and not bat an eye, but its all about the setting!!!





My buck I got hunting last year:
 
 
 
 
redfish from Port O Conner a couple years ago

 
 
my 625# blue marlin I got on my honeymoon in Hawaii

 
 
 
a big horn sheet we ran into while hiking down into the grand canyon last summer

 


9. I love to challenge myself- hence, signing up for the triathlon Sep 30th this past year, doing a couple 5ks this year and doing the MS150 for the second time in April of next year- last time I did it was 3 years ago- and I hurt my knee- so I will be training a lot more for this ride. I love that feeling you get crossing the finish line, its indescribable!!!

 my friend Christy and me after my first tri, September this year



running into the finish of the tri!
 
 
after the first 5k that I ran the whole thing, March of this year






10. I love traveling…. And wine… my hubs and I go to the hill country as often as we can!!!



11. I bought my first car when I was 23 and then my house when I was 25- growing up without much money- and paying my way through college I learned how to be a tightwad a good saver and smart about my spending.


 



Stephanie's Questions for ME:

1. What is your favorite television sitcom? The Real Housewives shows- I love the drama!!!!!

2. What is your favorite drink at Starbucks? Grande skinny caramel latte

3. What are the three things you would need to not go insane on a deserted island? food, water, and my hubs

4. What is your favorite season and why? Winter- because its Christmas time!

5. What is your favorite grocery store? HEB- much better meat selection than Kroger


6. If you could make out with any actor/actress, who would it be? Hmmm…. Gerard Butler

7. What is your dream ice cream flavor? Reeses flavor

8. What is your favorite cardio workout? Running

9. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? I really want to see Egypt- but the unrest there makes that a bad idea

10. What is your favorite animal? Horses- I have ALWAYS wanted one… and hope to one day have one!

11. How has blogging changed your life? Its given me an outlet… I know no one was reading it until recently…. And even now there aren’t many people still, but its nice to just vent anyway- its cheaper than therapy!!







Patricia's questions for me:



1. Who is the most famous person you have ever seen in person? Fun celeb- Jessica Simpson (I cant help but love her) and real celeb- George Bush Sr 

2. What is your NATURAL hair color? Dirty blonde/light brown

3. If you could spend one hour with any other living human being, who would you choose? This is a tough one… my grandma (mom’s mom)- she an amazing woman… and lives in Nola and I rarely get to see her- cant wait for Thanksgiving!!!

4. If you could spend one hour with any other deceased human being, who would you choose? My daddy
5. If you could travel anywhere, free of charge, where would it be? Antartica- I want to see the world and imagine that would be the most expensive of all the places I want to go!

6. Who would you choose as your plus one in the trip from #5? my hubs- I love traveling with him

7. What is the last thing you watched on Netflix? Don’t have Netflix, but watched Parenthood on DVR last night

8. If you could gain one skill that you don't currently possess, what would it be? Unrealistic skill – time travel, realistic- photographic memory would be cool

9. What kind of car do you drive? 2008 Ford Edge- yay for no car note!!!!!!!!!!

10. How many tickets have you had in your life? One, but I was able to get it deferred- so my record is clear… now how many times I have been pulled over is a WHOLE nother story….. I love being a woman

11. If you could choose one food to make non-caloric, what would it be? Reeses- LOVE THEM!!!!!

 



11 Questions for my nominees:


1. What’s your favorite hobby?

2. Do you have pets? If so, what kind?

3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?

4. What do you write about in your blog?

5. What’s your favorite healthy recipe?

6. If you could give one “diet” tip what would it be?

7. Where do you get your motivation?

8. Who do you most look up to and why?

9. What are your goals? Either for this year or next?

10. What’s your go to “cheat meal”/indulgence?

11. How do you de-stress?



 
My nominees:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Melissa for the nomination!

    I answered your questions on my blog:
    http://jayellegf.blogspot.ca/2012/10/my-first-award-nominations.html

    I am now following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! I will be sure to get started on this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya!! Thanks for the nomination!! I didn't exactly follow the rules, but I shared your link and responded to some of your questions!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its exciting getting to connect with all you ladies!! :)

    ReplyDelete