Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I AM A TRIATHLETE!!!! ... sorta

Sunday was my triathlon I have been training for since the middle of July:





I went out Saturday and set up my bike... ready to go!!!
 
 
And Sunday morning when I got there, they told us the bike part was cancelled due to the course being flooded and it not being safe... I was sad about that... I was ready- and really bummed... but the show must go on! My friend and experienced triathlete and role model Christy came out to encourage me and keep me calm before the race...
 
 
Then I was off... she has a few swimming pics I need to get from her, but the rest are all post race that I have now from my other friend Stormy and her daughters Riley and Harlee who also came out to support me!!! I love my Texas family!! :)
 
 
 
 
Running in to the finish!!! I RAN THE ENTIRE 5K!!!  ...and without my hubby pace car!
 
 
 
Harlee and me after the race 



 
standing in the winners circle... because I did it!
 
 
Riley and me

 
 
my medal... technically it was an aquathon, but the medal says triathlon- cant wait to sign up for my next one!!

 
 
the group and me, my finish, and Christy and Stormy!!! SO glad they all came out!

 
 
It was amazing... and so fun... my results were good- for my first one!
 
46/53 in my age groups (24-29 year olds)
 
total time 51:46.4
swim time: 13:05
transition 5:10
run 33:31
 
 
I wanted to do the whole thing in under 2 hours and I can bike 13 miles in under an hour- so I would have met that goal!!! SO proud of myself and so happy!!! Just wish my hubby could have been there and wasnt in the field... boo work!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment