Friday, October 25, 2013

100 Fat Burning Miles In October

The month of October has put me at an all time high distance wise on running. A lot of that has to do with my half marathon, but the continued success this month is due to the full I signed up for that's in February- the second day of February to be exact.



The realization that its only about 3 months away is setting in and I am freaking out a little bit. I have a plan in place that slowly increases my mileage and I am going to be well prepared. It still doesn't mean I am scared to death of it!


Tomorrow is my first long distance run post half. Its been two weeks and I only ran once last week and it was 2 miles and it was UGLY. This week I bounced back with a 3.75 mile run and a 3.15 mile run. I am LOVING the weather. Fall is finally here in the South! Tomorrow my plan is to conquer 10 miles. This may have been a bit hasty, but I know I can do it, so I just need to suck it up and do it!

I joined a challenge for October to hit 100 "fat burning miles"- walk, run, bike, anyway you can get em... I am only 49 miles in (most of my miles are running- see chart above)... today is a weights day for me, so I plan to warm up with 10 mins on the bike. I should be able to get about 7 miles in my warmup. This means if I stick to my workout plans and add in some cycling I CAN hit this goal!

Today- 7 miles on bike and weights
Saturday- 10 miles running
Sunday- 12 mile bike ride
Monday-4 mile run
Tuesday- 7 miles on bike and weights
Wednesday- 4 mile run
Thursday- 7 miles on bike and weights

TOTAL: 100 fat burning miles in OCTOBER!

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!!!
    Yay for your marathon training! Can't wait to hear about it......I am so tempted to do a marathon but I still get freaked out every time I think about one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great! The marathon is mostly mental... if you can get past that, the rest will be a cinch ;)

    ReplyDelete