Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 1 of Carb Cycling: SUCCESS!

I would say day one of carb cycling was a success! Even though I ate more than 1200 calories- it was the first day and I wasn't super prepared so I am happy with the outcome!
 


 



 
 
I even went grocery shopping after work and cooked supper- those that know me know I don't cook!!! Or at least its rare and I don't like doing it! I went to Salata for lunch- LOVE the salads they have there!!!!! For dinner I made ground turkey tacos, the hubs had regular tacos with SC and tortillas and I had ground turkey, a little, cheese, and FF refried beans and mixed it all together and was FULL! It was really good- so good in fact I brought it for lunch today even though today is a carb day! I am a sucker for leftovers!
 
Today I am back to eating carbs and I get 1500 cals for  goal- MUCH more achievable for someone like me. 1200 is just plain ROUGH, I will try to hit it this Thursday- but I have groceries (lots of veggies) to help me hit that!
 
 
This weekend we went to the hill country and the weather was PERFECT half marathon weather- if only my half had been this week I honestly believe it would have been sub 2:45!! Instead I sat in a deer stand FREEZING (it was 38- that's freezing for Texas) hoping the pig would come out- no luck!
 
 
On a positive note, our caliche pit held water!!!!! WE HAVE A POND! We paid a dozer company to dig us two and neither of those held water, but the pit that was dug to build the road to the property years ago- that held water! We were super excited- a little bummed about the other two, but excited about this!!!! Its close enough to the water well that we can run a few garden hoses and fill it ourselves also- this will come in handy since it doesn't ever rain 4" in one week like it did last week here!

 
We had an amazing weekend- which was well needed- we have a re-org going on at work and I am pretty unhappy with the results of it. I am working on my attitude, but its not been good lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment