Friday was my last long run before the half THIS Saturday... I am freaking out. I was feeling great Friday until 6.25 miles in and my right calf cramped up. Normally, if I run more than 4/5 miles I start eating my GU Chomps around 3/4 miles in, but I was feeling good Friday morning so I didn't and I am HOPING that is why my calf cramped up on me (lack of electrolytes). I didn't do any exercising this weekend and I babied my calf. I am going to try to get in 3 miles today and we will see how it feels. Other than that cramp near the end of my 7 mile run it was a great run. I met two ladies who are going to join me in the training and raising money for the American Heart Association for my marathon February 2nd and we are going to meet up every two weeks on our Friday off and run at a park or common location.
Friday after the run I went home and did some housework including mowing the lawn- I am NOT going to complain about rain, because we need it here, but the grass is growing VERY quickly. Then Friday afternoon the hubs left work a bit early and we headed to the property... the boys like it when we tow the trailer because they get the backseat to themselves. We also decided to keep the girls in their houses in the bed of the truck, they like the wind and it keeps things less hectic inside.
Maddie and me trying to nap Saturday morning after being up a lot that night with her moving around and making too much noise... the hubs went and sat for bow season.
I didn't get a nap, but it made for a cute picture... the hubs lucked out that morning, but that afternoon, he got his first deer with the bow! YAY for ground venison!!! I am ALL out, so I told him that's what we are making out of this deer... I don't want more sausage yet, I love the venison and its super healthy!
I finished Chris Powell's book this weekend and was thinking about starting the carb cycling this week, but decided to wait and just try to eat clean this week, don't need to be cutting too many carbs right before my first half- I can do that next week! I will write up a cliff notes of the book this week!
Workout plan this week:
Monday- 3 mile run
Tuesday- weights
Wednesday- 3 mile run
Thursday- REST
Friday- 1 mile run to loosen up
Saturday- HALF MARATHON
Sunday - REST
OMG!!! IT IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL ROCK IT MELISSA!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK!!!!! HAVE FUN and RUN IN THE MILE!!!!!!!
You are going to do great!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on Saturday!!
ReplyDelete