I downloaded Chris Powell's new book to my Kindle last week and I plan on reading it this weekend.
I am just not getting it right with my food. I know that is the problem and I also know how sensitive my body is to carbs, its how I lost the last few stubborn pounds while getting ready for the wedding. I haven't cut them out again because I am training for the half in a little over a week and then a full marathon in February and I know carbs are energy - BUT he has a carb cycling plan for active people who still need more carbs, so I am going to try it. I hope I can finish the book this weekend and start it next week.
It rotates high carb and low carb days and gives you a cheat day each week also.
I think this will work for me right now because I know cutting carbs helps me drop weight, but I also need energy for my long runs. I am hoping this also helps me curb my crazy appetite that has come with running longer distances.
I know my diet is the one area that is killing me right now and I am going to do something about it. Its not even about weighing less or a certain size (although I would love to be back two sizes smaller), its mostly about being healthy and feeling good about myself and right now I am not there, I am not even close. I love his show "Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition" and that shows you the results you can get with his program, so I am hoping I can have great results and get back in check by my 30th next March!
No comments:
Post a Comment