We were at the LSU Florida game and I had NO CLUE. That day tailgating I was telling my friends that we were never getting married and we were just going to date forever. He threw me off really well because a lot of my friends were getting married/engaged and all talking about it and asking him when he was going to propose the week before and I told him that it wasn't coming from me and that I was happy with us where we were and I didn't want him to think I was trying to pressure him. The night before this game we were staying at my friend Tara's and she was looking at engagement rings and I told him the same thing I had the week before... and he said "Well, just don't drink the Kool-Aid" which made me mad because anytime we had talked about marriage he had been the one to bring it up- and he had been talking about it for about a year at that point. So he did a great job throwing me off.
A guy 3 people down from me on our row proposed to his girlfriend at half time, no lie. I chose that as my time to clarify how NOT to propose to a girl. You do NOT propose at half time, there are many reasons why this is a bad idea, but mainly what if we end up losing the game? Then the proposal and start of a future together is tainted by a loss!! Secondly, she will be distracted from the game looking at her ring- not what you want during an LSU game. (I said all this with NO IDEA what was about to happen that night.)
After the game was over I asked my sister to take our picture because we hadn't gotten one that night. He took that as his opening to propose..
As soon as the picture was over he started talking and turned me to face him, at first I thought he was joking because of all the comments I made about proposing and we did end up winning the game, so I thought he was picking on me- hence the slightly pissed off face in the first picture.
Then when he started fumbling for his pocked and I realized he was serious, I was surprised, totally caught off guard...
I was so happy
I don't even think I said yes before I kissed him!!!
then I said yes... and put the ring on myself, haha, I liked it ALOT and couldn't wait to get it on my finger!!
He then let me know that all my friends and family knew and that's why they were giving him a hard time about it. He planned a celebratory engagement lunch for the next day and invited my whole family!
I love that he knows how important family is to me and included them in the event! It made it that much more special!
My favorite- she really loves him a lot, after this picture was taken she started crying and saying how happy she was for us. I am so glad she was there to share this with us!









You made me cry :) Happy tears!! What a sweet proposal story and I love that he planned the party!
ReplyDeleteAww! That is a great proposal! The party seals it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful engagement story! My hubby proposed to me in October too!!!!!
ReplyDelete