Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Update and lack of Marathon Training...


 
 
This weekend was the hubs birthday! His mom sent him a package and I am not sure who liked it more, him or the cats... they LOVE paper and boxes and he loves hunting books and DVDs so everyone won! 
 
 
 
 
Saturday morning I woke up hardly able to move from the weight training I did Friday- so much for my planned 10 mile run- easy bump to Sunday morning and all is good in the world. I weighed myself and was down 3lbs in week one of carb cycling- always good encouragement to not TOTALLY blow it on my "guilt free day". I made Belgian waffles with Bisquick Heart Smart and pieces of dark chocolate and pecans for our breakfast and then we headed out to get in some errands. We picked up the deer meat that was ready at the processor, got some alfalfa for the property next weekend, and then went to Salata for my FAVORITE meal- spinach salmon salad!!!!
 
After lunch we went to Cavendars because the hubs wanted a new pair of boots and I saw these, which are really cool looking hippo boots.... he got them!
 
 
and then he convinced me to get my FIRST pair of Luchesse boots- they CLAIM to be black cherry- but they look purple!!!!! I have been wanting purple boots forever!! LOVE THEM! My pair actually look more purple than this stock pic.

 
Then we took my friends two daughters to the range to shoot with them since they will be coming to the property to get a deer. I also took a few shots just to make sure I was ready for opening weekend:
 

 
Then Saturday night I pulled off a surprise party for the hubs- NOT an easy thing to do when spending the whole day together, but luckily I am good like that! He had NO idea! We had Coldstone sweet cream cake with Reeses, peanut butter, and fudge filling. DIVINE!

 
Cutting his cake after we sang Happy Birthday.

 
 
A group shot!

 
 
Sunday morning I have EVERY intention of going for my run, but was woken up at 5am by that yellow and red stuff, and as you can see as the morning went on, it didn't let up til about noon. The hubs wanted to relax and we did get groceries for me to plan my meals this week, but the 10 miler did not happen this weekend.

 
 
 
Goals:
Friday- 7 miles on bike and weights
Saturday- 10 miles running
Sunday- 12 mile bike ride
Monday-4 mile run
Tuesday- 7 miles on bike and weights
Wednesday- 4 mile run
Thursday- 7 miles on bike and weights
Friday- 10 mile run
Saturday- rest
Sunday- 3 mile run



No comments:

Post a Comment