Thursday, October 10, 2013

Two Days!!!

The countdown is on, only two days til my first HALF MARATHON!!!!!  I may or may not be TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!
 
 


I know I have trained for this, but did I train enough?? The furthest I have run is 10 miles at once and that was a few weeks ago.... being sick near the end really messed me up. I log my mileage and workouts on Daily Mile and they have an app that links with them called electric miles. It helped me track my mileage when training for the 150 mile bike ride I did in April and the two tri's I have done (this past July and last September). If you don't have a tracking tool I recommend it!



 
 

My running over the past year, by month. The past two months my mileage has been high due to training for the half and I expect it to keep growing due to the fact that my crazy self signed up for a marathon the same day I signed up for my half. I will be running the Rock N Roll New Orleans with my cousin and two friends as of right now.



Once I complete the full - and raise money for the American Heart Association in memory of my dad- I will be back to just 5ks and 10ks as my long distances. I am not a distance runner. My long runs are TOUGH and I just enjoy running 3 - 4 miles, but my long runs on the weekend are a chore and not fun at all. I am not a runner's build, I have a lot of weight I am putting on my joints when I run and its tough. AND I want to get back to my happy weight and long distance running has made me GAIN weight - I am hungry ALL the time!


3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I find I got my appetite under control with the second round of half training. Initially adjusting to all that mileage was rough and I was always wanting to eat. I'm so excited for the race this weekend. That course is AWESOME, I'm so pumped to run all of St. Charles. You are prepared, just remember to enjoy the experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to do just fine :) I believe in you! Your adrenaline will kick in at the 10th mile and carry you across the finish.

    ReplyDelete