Monday, October 21, 2013
Carb Cycling and Begining Marathon Training!
I am starting Chris Powell's carb cycling plan today, I also start marathon training today, so I am using his FIT cycle. It is the one that you can do to keep up your endurance and not hurt training. I will start here and if its going okay I may move to a more aggressive plan like the classic plan, but I am starting here and we will see where it goes.
This plan consists of only two no carb days a week.
Here is my plan for my week this week:
Monday- no carbs, weight training
Tuesday- carbs, run 3 miles
Wednesday- carbs, sports conditioning class
Thursday- no carbs, run 4 miles
Friday- carbs, weight training
Saturday- guilt free day, run 10 miles
Sunday- carbs, REST day
The way this plan works is you have no carb days (1200 cal/day) and carb days (1500 cal/day) with one guilt free day a week (2500 cal/day). EVERY day starts with a protein and a carb- even no carb days, but after breakfast on those days you don't eat carbs.
Here is what my no carb days will look like:
Breakfast: carb/ protein/ veggies(optional)
Snack: protein/ fat/ veggies(optional)
Lunch: protein/ fat/ veggies(optional)
Snack: protein/ fat/ veggies(optional)
Dinner: protein/ fat/ veggies(optional)
Here is what my carb days will look like:
Breakfast: carb/ protein/ veggies(optional)
Snack: protein/ carb/ veggies(optional)
Lunch: protein/ carb/ veggies(optional)
Snack: protein/ carb/ veggies(optional)
Dinner: protein/ carb/ veggies(optional)
The carbs that are allowed are whole grain healthy carbs- no white/sugar carbs except on guilt free day. I am really excited about this plan and hope to see really good results, I know my body is sensitive to carbs, but I was worried about cutting them out with training for a marathon, so I am hoping this is my answer!
You do this plan 3 weeks, then have a "reset" week, where you eat carbs every day that week (1500 cal/day and have one guilt free day (2500 cal/day) which is supposed to help prevent plateaus and keep your body guessing. I weighed in this morning and will be taking my measurements this afternoon. Here's to hitting my goal of dropping about 25lbs by my 30th birthday and heck if I can do it for Feb 2 (first marathon) that would be even better! I don't need extra weight on that 26.2!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ohhhh I like this... and yay for marathon training.
ReplyDelete