Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Workout Wednesday- Bootcamp Workout
I did this workout yesterday and I am BEYOND sore today- my bootcamp class was no joke! The teacher is my old trainer and she is no joke either. In 45 minutes I burnt 600 calories!
Warmup: 5 min jog
I started with 10lb dumbbell and then for rounds two and three used an 8lb dumbbell... all you need is one dumbbell for the whole workout, do this circuit 3 times:
1. squat while holding a dumbbell with both your hands over your head, when you come up from the squat kick one leg across your body and chop the weight down to meet your leg in the air - do this 50 times
2. lunge back with one leg and when you come up bring your knee up in the air while at the same time doing a one handed shoulder press with the opposite arm - do this 25 times
3. modified burpees: no jumping required, hands in the air, then drop down to the floor, one leg at a time, lay completely on the floor and then in one motion pick your whole body up off the floor into the plank position, bring in each leg one at a time and stand up - that is 1, do 30 total
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eeeek burpees!!! I'm going to have to try this! Sounds like a great work out!
ReplyDeleteI cannot do burpees because of a right hand injury but I can do those squats and lunges. Coming from Workout Wednesday.
ReplyDelete